NERF new patch

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

NERF new patch

Post by Valkyrieval »

What were they thinking?!?

I can maybe understand Vanguards in WA -- while I may not like it, there's at least some rationale behind it -- "our city should be better protected from omnis just coming in at will", or something like that. But Unicorns in Borealis? What possible sense does that make?!?

But never mind that... the bottom line is that for all practical purposes, FC just wiped out a major aspect of gameplay -- one-on-one PVP. Many of the people engaging in that are paying customers. I can't imagine how they possibly thought this was a good idea.

Not to mention a major bug (or really annoying functionality change, if it was intentional) -- the function keys no longer select your team members. Ctrl+F-keys still selects pets, but I found no fast way to select team members. Talk about nerfing docs and MPs!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

NERF TEH NEW PATCH,

bump... Its just nuts yes, I know of several people that cancelled their accounts (yes, in our org too), because FC did this... Maybe its time someone posts a kind letter on the AO forums with the request to undo this guard thing...

Omni gets Borealis, Clan gets 4holes, and West Athen can no longer be used for low pvp! :cry: Kinda need to protest on it lol, I already went to Borealis next to FT and shouted to remove em guards... With a L21 lol :roll:

Chris, can we maybe get em to undo this with the Council of Truth? :shock:

//Alpha
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Post by Valkyrieval »

How about we do an RP solution and clan/neutral TL7s just go and repeatedly kill the omni guards in Bor until Omni-Tek, I mean Funcom, realize the folly of this decision.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

I like the bor raid idea. but the problem is the ommers will come defend :P Also how come the omni's get 2x tower shops? and clan shops dont stock the sup book shop (clan sup shops are bugged and only have adv book shops)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The CoT has an emergency meeting on Saturday at 18:00 GMT, about those changes.

I deeply regret that a GM and Silirrion took the time to come to ICC and tried to talk with people about the changes and were welcomed by a bunch of childish "post your sword" "you f...g suck you LaM3rZ" "come tank for me" and other "need cash plz" and that the only people who tried to talk to them were lost in the middle of a total spam of nonsense or aggressivity. :( In the end the GM just dropped and only repeated the same standard lines, and Silirrion had to drop too a bit later.

Nevertheless I can tell you that Ofoz (quest character) will be moved out of Borealis soon (or at least i was told he would be).

About the function keys... they work for me., and I even used them a lot a few hours ago in an AP alien raid.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Heh - and also, these discussions might as well be hold on TestLive, because there the jerk percentage is ~0,000000001%... Great that the CoT is going to meet, these changes are nuts and need to be undone :twisted:

In my opinion we should place a polite letter on the forums to complain, and ask on the beginning of the thread to not flame etc. :roll: I'm willing to help writing that by the way :) I can understand that the GM and Silirrion dropped :?

//Alpha

Arietta
Mini Leet

Post by Arietta »

even though most of my alts are omni and I'm not into pvp, I must say that I dislike this change.
I can only hope this is a temporary move.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Well I heard rumors that it's been done for Lost Eden... I'm not sure what they want to do but scare customers away, but they might want to exterminate the usual pvp places so people are forced to fight at LE battlestations or something? Or revive arenas? (What won't work because a lot of profs need tactics to pvp)

//Alpha

Arietta
Mini Leet

Post by Arietta »

as I mentioned, I'm not into pvp, so I'm only speaking my mind here, but what if the arena, that you say it's a big empty square, would be improved with obstacles. Ex: a crate here, a crate there, a ditch , a wall etc. you get the point.
hmm, since LE is pvp oriented, would that force non pvpers to pvp?

i have pvped only once, and it was because somebody begged me to. i was 50ish at the time heading to totw after being killed. the person wanting to pvp was a 50 enforcer. he killed me in a few hits. after that, I was told he had mortiig beaters on him and a lot of high level buffs.
excuse me for the offtopic ;)

back on topic: after the lastest patch, it seems a new rebel character has emerged in bori. vive la revolucion :D
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Most PvP characters are very specifically twinked. Being good against a mob means very little in PvP. That twinking, like most twinking, takes a lot of time and effort some of us do not have the skill or the patience for. For those that have the skill, congratulations and I wish you well.

I stopped playing EVE specifically because the Devs were forcing all players to become involved in PvP. I play AO to relax after work. Killing mobs is a good way for me to let off some steam. Fighting other players is not something I enjoy. I have been involved in some PvP action, mostly tower defences. I have no objection to becoming involved in PvP if and when I want to. But if game design changes so that I am forced into PvP then I will not be playing AO for long.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Kyttn wrote:Most PvP characters are very specifically twinked. Being good against a mob means very little in PvP. That twinking, like most twinking, takes a lot of time and effort some of us do not have the skill or the patience for. For those that have the skill, congratulations and I wish you well.

I stopped playing EVE specifically because the Devs were forcing all players to become involved in PvP. I play AO to relax after work. Killing mobs is a good way for me to let off some steam. Fighting other players is not something I enjoy. I have been involved in some PvP action, mostly tower defences. I have no objection to becoming involved in PvP if and when I want to. But if game design changes so that I am forced into PvP then I will not be playing AO for long.
Well, I don't see FC forcing fr00bs into LE battlestations... So I bet you can grind all you want Kyttn :wink: :roll:

EDIT: its an expansion, if you don't buy it, you don't get the content inside it so you will have the same things as you have now :)

docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Alpha, actually, the changes brought by an expansion can change the game even for people who don't have the expansion. Call this side effects, indirect effects, or colateral damage. ;)

But so far there is nothing that can be said about Lost Eden. Except that, atm, LE is more a replacement/improvement for the existing PvP than anything else.
Arietta
Mini Leet

Post by Arietta »

there's one thing about LE that i can't wait to see: IMPROVED PERFORMANCE.
i belive that transaltes to less game lag.
it was posted in Q&A2
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Chrisax wrote:LE is more a replacement/improvement for the existing PvP than anything else.
Please don't say its an improvement just yet