What I posted about PvP on AO forums

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

What I posted about PvP on AO forums

Post by Chrisax »

Make Meetmedere a PvP area again to replace West Athen
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=447796

Why aml i posting this suggestion? Because, as the president of one of the largest orgs in AO (Athen Paladins), and in my 4th year in AO, my job is to make people feel happy. I spend most of my time doing that. Somehow my job and FunCom’s job are the same ones: give fun to people.

In the past few days, since the patch, I saw more people upset (not disatisfied or unhappy but upset) than ever (except after a certain “disaster patch” that belongs to history). Some are cancelling accounts; some are just not staying online as long as they used to be.

The reason (if it still requires an explanation) is the last changes took out a part of the PvP gameplay: the “little” PvP that could be enjoyed at any time (content on demand, somehow) outside towers wars and empty arenas.

Let me say that, personally, I don’t like that kind PvP a lot and I'm more interested in the strategic dimension of LE PvP… but my personal taste is not a concern; the fun of my orgmates (and of everyone else) is. Therefore, the following is not a suggestion made for my own personal satisfaction.

SUGGESTION:
It’s not bad, from both a storytelling point and a gameplay point, to have more security in WA so newcomers don’t arrive in a PvP land just after leaving the Shuttleport and also because PvP in WA don't fit the storyline or the place very well BUT PvPers who enjoy the kind of PvP we saw in WA should have an easily accessible place for everyone who likes to practice PvP outside towers wars as they do, especially for "froob" and low/mid-level PvP.

There is a place designed for PvP long ago, Meetmedere, but it was not extremely popular, as the kind of PvP we witnessed in WA was not popular at that time. Now it could be a very popular place and it has the LOOK OF A BATTLEFIELD, something WA never had.

The following doesn’t require too much work from the devs. (They are busy enough already.)

-Reactivate Meetmedere as a PvP area.

-Give an easy access to Meetmedere:
.Lower the comp lit reqs on the grid (the arrival is outside the PvP area, for those who don't know)
.Add an easy access wompah (this is the bad part of the job: I always saw devs reluctant to add wompahs/grids, there must be a reason)

-Move Bazzit’s store to a door in Newland or Harry’s (there are store doors available there) or any other safe place FC likes. (This unfortunately requires minor graphic changes because of the sign “Uncle Bazzit’s store”)

-Behind the current Bazzit’s door, put a basic store

-Add a few (or even one) area(s) behind some door(s) in Metmedere if possible, so people can practise the zone-in / zone-out PvP they like. There are a LOT of indoor designs already made and available in all sizes…
FC could even duplicate the “dungeon” of Wine, without the Clans guys inside: it is a nice PvP layout.

-Make sure the quest NPC are in the safe area (or moved to another place)

-If devs had the time, I would even suggest something that could make Meetmedere PvP funnier: from time to time, on the ground, bonus boxes randomly appear containing temporary bonuses: be fast, pick the box, you get the bonus, you're tougher for maybe 10 to 30s! (Faster, more damage, 100% reflect, etc...) It's close to the shrines coding in RK missions.

Because of Lost Eden, I understand that it won't be consistent to have mass PvP in "ordinary" cities while we'll be able to use orbital laser cannons and bombers in the war. In this case, cities should be destroyed sooner or later... but that's what Meetmedeere is precisely: a destroyed city! So, once again, it’s the right place to answer the need for a free PvP field, put aside arenas and towers wars.

Another possible thing would be to use Will to Fight dungeon or the same purpose but in another style: WTB a wompah there too.

(Borealis is another topic that I won’t deal with in this post but offering a new open city-PvP area will already help a lot with the current situation.)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

The main thing that makes a place attractive to pvp are abilities to zone into a 100% zone fast, preferably with a Surgery Clinic in there to recharge hp/nano fast. That's a must to make it good. Also some obstacles would be nice, so you can root and go around the corner if you are fighting IE a soldier so you can wait until the TMS times out and then start alpha'ing. Surviving a TMS is very hard for non-heal professions in lower levels (well, unless you got your evades twinked or hug a hot or other OSB)!

My two cents,

//Alpha
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Why put a basic in? make it a 25% area with no-where for them to run away to. now that would make entertaining pvp
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Sillanto wrote:Why put a basic in? make it a 25% area with no-where for them to run away to. now that would make entertaining pvp

Why? Because they've already proved they won't go there without the equivalent of a BY.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

I guess your right doc. Im looking forward to LE as some how i guess the stations will only be small wars as most the current WA pvp'ers wont go near them as there is no-where to 'hide' :P Also i can see LE making NR toons redundant if the station wars last more than 30 mins
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

don't be silly :/ just make an arena in WA and turn it outside the arena in 100% gas, remove vangs and voila :)
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier