Lost Eden : new information

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Lost Eden : new information

Post by Chrisax »

(source : FC - Lost Eden Q&A #3)

Alien Loot

Q-With new alien encounters within “Lost Eden”, will it be possible to loot AI armor bots as we see off of generals and admirals today?

Q-Will the different viral bots (strong, supple, ECT.) drop on the alien mother ships? The game economy would go ballistic if that happen!

Q-Will the new alien mother ship remove the utility of city raids? I mean with aliens mission ( mother ship) we will get xp, so it will be harder to get a full raid to far our bots/items etc.. Will something be changed to the city raids or mission wont give as much AXP then raids?

A-The loot tables in the alien missions will be all new, for new rewards, we didn’t want to damage the activity around the alien city missions. It is important that we still leave the incentives in place for the guild content as well. Whilst there might be some cross-over the new alien missions will provide a whole new set of items to look out for. We don’t want to remove the need for alien city raids, the new missions are seen as a way to address the players wishes to be able to able to access Alien content in addition to city content, and that’s what we are aiming for.

Research

Next up were some questions on how the research system works

Q-How high a percent of experience will players be able to donate to global research? Will we be able to set it at 100% so that we don't get personal exp at all?

A-Yes! If a player wants to dedicate all their earned XP/SK into research they are free to do so.

Q-How will “the giving some percentage of your XP or SK” work on already 220 AI LVL 30 players? Since they can’t gain any XP/SK/ASP how can they benefit from the researches?

A-Maximum level players still earn the appropriate XP/SK it just doesn’t progress them any further, but system wise the XP etc is still there, 220 players will therefore be able to dedicate 100% of their SK/XP to research should they want to.
[Note: That's what I already explained to AP long ago as a "Premiere" ;)]

Q-How will personal research differ from faction-wide research? Also, won't there be a point in which the faction/personal research will reach its endpoint?

A-Personal research allows the player to research new skills or bonuses that they personally get to use. Think of a researched style of perks, the key difference being that the new person abilities will be passive. One example of these new types of skills will be triggered abilities – on every attack (or attack on you depending on the type of skill) will have a % chance of triggering a special attack (or defensive buff if it’s a defensive skill)

The global research grants their faction access to upgrades to the various vehicles and equipment available in Lost Eden. Examples would be better guns for the mechanized walkers or base turrets.

Yes, there will potentially be an endpoint when a faction will have researched all available upgrades, we can of course add further upgrades if necessary beyond those in at the launch of the expansion.

New Vehicles and Controls

Q-Will the mech combat operate using the game's regular combat style and battle scroll or will it use some new FPS style combat?

The new vehicles will use the standard combat mechanics found in the game today. There will of course be new tactics involved, but they will still use all the regular targeting and combat mechanics.

Q-Can a level 1 character use mechs to fight against level 220 characters in mechs or are there level restrictions?

The normal PvP level restrictions will apply when in any of the new vehicles.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Q-How high a percent of experience will players be able to donate to global research? Will we be able to set it at 100% so that we don't get personal exp at all?

A-Yes! If a player wants to dedicate all their earned XP/SK into research they are free to do so.
I hope that this does not mean TOTW gets filled to the brim with level 60 twinks and noone else gets a chance. I can see "normal" people being forced to pay camping twinks for the privilege of looting anything remotely "special".
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Kyttn wrote:

I hope that this does not mean TOTW gets filled to the brim with level 60 twinks and noone else gets a chance. I can see "normal" people being forced to pay camping twinks for the privilege of looting anything remotely "special".
TOTW? no chance, we will see a lot more lvl 60 twinks at ely spiders /mortiigs tho since there aint enough hecks
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

At least the research system will mean that its possible to stop a toon at any level and not worrying about over levelng them.
docksider
Big Leet

Re: Lost Eden : new information

Post by docksider »

fuze wrote:This is something that I have yet to see addressed and is a huge possible problem. This sounds like a bunch of procs. Ask any profession that has procs, auras, and nanos how badly they react together. I hope they finally make procs seperate from nanos so they do not conflict and that procs do not override each other before they start LE. Otherwise, you'll never see half of them even activate. You'll see one dominate proc and a lot of nanobots busy.

Hey fuze!
I asume you mean accumulator proc and such? I hope that the procs wont be prof based =S
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

They ve worked on procs some and dont get "nanobots busy" message too often nowdays Fuze.

What you get mostly is "already executing nanoprogram" in real lag situations but that has nothing to do with procs.