And, it happened again !!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Forcenum
Big Leet

And, it happened again !!

Post by Forcenum »

So, last night when i turned my comp on, the screen was black.

Seems like the newly replaced GFX card broke again. This is really getting on my neerves. There is never a good time for a computer crash, but this week we have are learning flash, something i always wanted to learn. Now i have to write stuff down and try to remember for later...

And, if Zepto use its normal MONTH to repair it, I won't get it before I go back to Norway, and so I'll be without my comp for the entire summer. MAN this sucks.

Well, the good news is that somone else can win the level 5 PvP tourney this time :-,

Ah well, nothing really I can do about it.

Now you know why you don't see me online the next couple of weeks.
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Re: And, it happened again !!

Post by Ceokittymeow »

BOO! Zepto needs to work faster!

Well i hope for the best and a miracle zips your way!
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Two cards down in a row? Sounds like they use some really poor cards OR that there is something wrong with the cooling / power supply / motherboard that kills the card.

Have you considered getting another system if your current supplied is that bad? There are very decent cheap systems that can run AO and all the regular software of today. (Can't promise anything about AO with the new engine yet!)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

damn man, that is horrible!
I'd recommend buying a new computer, if you want to keep ruining your life.

On the other hand, you could go mountain biking in the fjords and pick up some lovely blonde femmes this summer....

Props on both, and GL!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

Well, chris, its a laptop, so changing supplier isn't really an option I'm afraid.
The card is a GeForce 8600m GT and according to google, nVidia has had a lot of heat problems with the 8000 series. So, i might just have gotten 2 bad cards in a row.
Sendt it in for service about a year ago for overheating. Then they just changed coolinpaste and claimed that 100degree C was a normal temp on a gfx card. then, a few months later, it broke. So, they replaced it, and now it seems like it is fryed again :-(

But, always look at the bright side, and as nooba says, now i can spend more time on my bike :-)

Heading for Germany this weekend for some DH action in the Hahnenklee bikepark, then heading for Norway, as mentioned, for more biking.

Ah well, I'll just make the best of it.
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter