Comments on the new forums

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Re: Comments on the new forums

Post by Chrisax »

Rulzern wrote:Is it possible to put the "mark all forums as read" link back at the top? Scrolling all the way down to click it makes me all fuzzy in the cabbage.
Yes, it's possible. I was thinking about that. The only concern was there are already many things at the top of the main page, but I'll do it and i'll try to find the best possible location. Maybe I'll leave the command at the bottom too.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I wub j00! :wub:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Reference: the 3 posts above this one.

The "Mark all forums read" command is now at the top of the forums list, and also at the bottom. :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Just for information, and for web-orientated people, I'm pondering about turning the current forums that are based on complex HTML tables structure + CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to a pure or almost pure CSS design.

This would have some advantages (like possibly speed) but a few drawbacks as well (especially for older browsers but no one use such software in AP/AO it seems.)

It's something that can't be done before the next update of the forums software (phpBB3) we use though as it should introduce several changes regarding the architecture of the system. Working on it anyhow... ;)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

i just realised that chris has been sticking his finger up at us this whole time!!!! look at the statue above the P in PALADINS. I swear its a middle finger.... Shame on you!!!
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Elrojo wrote:i just realised that chris has been sticking his finger up at us this whole time!!!! look at the statue above the P in PALADINS. I swear its a middle finger.... Shame on you!!!
Rojo lol, stop sleeping next to your smelly, dirty soxx its making you retarded :-)

But agreed it kind of does #-o
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins