Lost Eden: New Information again

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Lost Eden: New Information again

Post by Chrisax »

(Source: FC)

Could you tell us more about the players’ battles inside a station? How many players will be able to participate and how long a battle should be expected to last?

The battle stations are large areas with four control points, players will have to fight for control of these control points whilst battling the enemy on the battlestations. The areas are quite large and we expect that they will be able to support relatively large numbers of players, possibly over a hundred as we expect combat to get quite spread out across the various control points.

The encounters will be ‘timed’ so players have to work against a clock, with the side who has the highest ‘score’ (points are awarded at intervals based on how many control points your side controls) at the end of the time winning that encounter.

This is something that we will for sure tune in beta based on feedback and how exactly things start to play out when we let the testers lose on the battlestations, so nothing is set in stone for now.

How players will be able to join a station battle? Will we be able to join after the battle started? Will we be able to rejoin a battle if we died?

Players will be able to sign up for the battlestations, either alone or as a team, and will then be teleported to the stations when a slot is available, the system will balance the sides somewhat and have minimum and maximum caps, so again this is something that we will fine tune during the beta process, but the intention is to ensure that players don’t have to wait for too long to access the battlestations!

Player who die in the Battlestations will go to a respawn area within the battlestation so they can rejoin the fight until they decide to leave the station.

Will we be allowed to use Mech only for PvP or also for PVE, for example some hunting on Rubi-Ka or inside new dungeons introduced by the expansion?

The Mechs and vehicles will only be used in PvP at the time the expansion launches. They are designed to combat each other and would be too powerful for us to allow them to be used anytime, anywhere against anybody as it were without restrictions.

Which leads us to the next question…

Is there any plan to see aliens or any PVE opponents using Mechs against us? In few words, some PvE and Mechs versus Mechs
Although as mentioned above there won’t be when the expansion launches, the new vehicles will certainly feature in some way in content we produce going forward after the expansion launches, so in the future we will definitely be considering this type of content.

Could you tell us more about new players buildings you announced a while ago? For example, what will be the features available for players with these new generation buildings?

This is one element that we actually changed a little since our early designs. We came to realise that the majority of city owners don’t have large amounts of room for new buildings and that re-arranging your player city isn’t the easiest or cheapest option for many orgs. Therefore what we have done is moved the PvP functions to within the Org Headquarters. Organisations will be able to call down the orbital strikes and the like from a console in the command room. That of course means that they will have to have good communication with their forces in the field, so they know where to direct the strikes!
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

Mechs are good in one aspect. Way less textures in pvp, im quite sure this will make mass pvp tons more durable.
Side
Strong Leet

Post by Side »

i had a hunch. now it is forming into a dream.

in my dream my chubby alter ego can do what he does best and control the flow. all beware the crat at the console :twisted: it totally fits from a rp perspective!!!

let's hope i don't spill my coffee on the input device :roll:
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

As long as Lost Eden has a fixer only NanoChrystal (Hack Orbital Station) I'm happy.

On a serious note, I can see before me Chrisax lurking inside the city HQ directing the forces via Teamspeak and Apraids and providing supporting fire :)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I just want a porthole and a turret to call my own ... so I can randomly rain down shots from on-high on unsuspecting people. Yes, that actually would make me happy.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

omg MrHyde that would be so much fun...would be even better to tagert a certian player "cough" holy "cough" trinity "cough" splat
------------------------------------------------------
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

wtb command center job!! :)
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

I am seeing lots of stuff for PvPers, but not much for everyone else. So far I am not planning to pre-order or even upgrade to LE. If anyone manages to be involved in testing, please (within the limits of any non-disclosure agreement) advise if there is sufficient non-PvP content to make it worth while.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

caveman wrote:omg MrHyde that would be so much fun...would be even better to tagert a certian player "cough" holy "cough" trinity "cough" splat
Haha, when I first read this I thought exactly the same thing Cave! :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

From what i know cavey, i blieve that LE is designed to be a PvP expansion much like Notum Wars was. The only PvM content seems to be the research and the new weapons. (I think the ai missions will be released at the same time but will be will be availible to hose with ai as making them for LE would probably negate teh need of the ai expansion for some)
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

sweet :) I luv PvP :D and I h8 parents... they wont let me pre-order :cry:
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier