New engine and Booster pack pictures + Enno is back

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

New engine and Booster pack pictures + Enno is back

Post by Chrisax »

OK... many good news today! :D

First, you'll find in the next post the high-resolution version of a picture of the new graphic engine client that Means took on RK 1 (yes the engine actually works on the current world, if you have it of course!).

Second, you'll find 2 high-res versions of pictures from the Booster pack that should be on the test server by the beginning of December. (The first one should use the new engine; I have a doubt now on the second one.)

Third, Means, will likely release a Friday newsletter every week (or so). You'll find the first one below.

Fourth, Enno Rehling is back to Anarchy Online, to work on the graphic engine. Enno started the work before leaving, and did a lot to convince Fc to start the new engine project.

As Enno is back, I can't resist... Can we trust THAT guy?! :wink:
(All pictures approved by Enno)

This is some work by Enno when he started working on an upgrade of the engine in 2006...

This is Enno...

This is Enno after the Indian Blue Elephant God Morph nano (never released in AO!) or maybe just at a party.

OMG... we're sooooo doomed!

WB Enno! :D
Chrisax
President

Re: New engine and Booster pack pictures + Enno is back

Post by Chrisax »

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Friday With Means: October 3rd, 2008

In his first ever address to the citizens of Rubi-Ka, new game director Colin "Means" Cragg begins a brand new tradition: Friday With Means! Click to read a brief overview of the state of Anarchy Online, written by Means himself.

The B00ster Pack:

Work continues on our latest booster pack. Several of the new playfields and instances are nearing completion and we are hoping to get them to test before the end of the month. It is always magic to see the new bright-and-shinys come together to create new playfields. I am always amazed at what our artists produce based on the dreams they receive from the designers. We spend a great deal of time focused in on our own individual little pieces of these projects, so when we get to put it together it is always an exciting week.

The New Graphics Engine:

Thank you to the following players for taking time out to pose with me and the amazing Macrosun for our screenie taken in the new engine on Atlantean:

Supahsoloeer, Swishaa, Bollhapiac, Docterzero, Perkizou, Huonosihti, Vrimedic, Menkyo, Kiteran, Glatt and some tiny agent I did not manage to get the name of. (See if you can find him!)

Our drive to get the new engine up and running got a fresh boost this week when Enno "I Break Stuff" Rehling returned to the team to help us refocus our efforts. Enno was here at the beginning of time when a great deal of the AO source was written and it will be a great help to the rest of the coder team to have him aboard again to help us bring the dream home. We have all been waiting a long time for this and it still gives me goosebumps when I get to see the world we all know so well looking so bright and new.

Hope to see you all in-game soon! :)
Colin "Means" Cragg
Game Director
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Chrisax wrote:Gah, Alpha, you woke up earlier than I did or what?! :twisted: You posted really fast!

Anyhow, here is the full info with some bonus:
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=2&t=4285
Btw Chris... I wasn't faster because I woke up earlier - I went to bed "some" later. ;)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Oops... for a moment the high resolution pictures were NOT really high res due to an error. Have a look now, it's fixed.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

I found the little agent standing by the trees 8) on the right by the biggest one.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins