NEW ENGINE. new faces models for Opifex

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

NEW ENGINE. new faces models for Opifex

Post by Chrisax »

And, yes, someone loves pink ATM ;)

(Work in progress)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: NEW ENGINE. new faces models for Opifex

Post by Elrojo »

eh, I'm kinda getting over this pink design. That looks more like a punk girl who got some tatts. I can see something like that fitting in with "tank girl" (movie) or those bad 1980 "futuristic end of the world" style movies like waterworld, mad max etc. I dont see it being an OPI agent, MA or fixer.

I could see pink on a trox since they are almost cartoonishly out of proportion. With massive bodies and small heads you could get away with a green mo-hawk or pink or w/e. But I just think opi's are supposed to be cunning, agile, quick, powerful and a bit mysterious. Not overtly pink with massive hair.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

The post Chris ripped that out of asked "Is this cyberpunk enough for you?!".

AO used to be a cyberpunk game. Think a bit weathered looks & characters resembling rk4 drug addicts somewhat. :P
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

does "cyber punk" fit with the whole Xan, alien invasion story line? To me cyber punk describes a bunch of techno-savvy rebels who have no respect for "proper authority". not organised Alien smugglers (bazzits Q line) Or even warrior type Battle stations. The general play these days is centred around highly poweful, organised and motivated raid groups either "locating the threat" (ARID) or attempting to investigate/sabotage (Neretva) or uncover truths about unicorns and omni tech etc etc. not very "punky". I can see that sort of thing in the subway, or SoM, to a lesser extent ToTW, but not any of the TL7 PFs or story lines
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

This is only ONE model. Not a general trend. We have "punk" looks today in AO and we have more classical looks too. In a very large, wide-open universe like AO's one, there is room for many looks, as in real life. :) This is just one among many.

Also, the punk look has already been "assimilated" today, and is used in fashion without necessarily the original hardcore attitude behind it. So I assume it wll be even more the case in 30,000 years! ;)
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Elrojo wrote:does "cyber punk" fit with the whole Xan, alien invasion story line? To me cyber punk describes a bunch of techno-savvy rebels who have no respect for "proper authority". not organised Alien smugglers (bazzits Q line) Or even warrior type Battle stations. The general play these days is centred around highly poweful, organised and motivated raid groups either "locating the threat" (ARID) or attempting to investigate/sabotage (Neretva) or uncover truths about unicorns and omni tech etc etc. not very "punky". I can see that sort of thing in the subway, or SoM, to a lesser extent ToTW, but not any of the TL7 PFs or story lines
Easy answer...

FC cant keep the storyline straight if it was worth a damn! SL f*cked everything up with the whole fantasy aspect into the game that was originally like a cyberpunk/sci-fi infused game and it went downhill from there.

Trying to make sense of it will only give you a migraine.
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!