Characters cleanup: how to get a new name or an old one back

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Characters cleanup: how to get a new name or an old one back

Post by Chrisax »

781 634 names have been made available by either deleting unused very low characters OR renaming higher but still unused characters to a default temporary name.

Here is how to rename a character if its name as lost:
Means wrote:What do I do if my character's name has changed when I log in?

You will be able to utilize the "/name" command to make a request for a new name.

Using the example desired name of "Devsayswut" type the following into the chat window.

/name nick Devsayswut

The name process will respond to your request. If the name you choose is available then it will be processed within an hour the next time you are logged off. If you change your mind before you log off you can submit your new choice through the same system using the same command.

NOTE: Once your new name has been set it will be necessary to petition any name issues as the automated system will no longer be available. This is one time use for transferred characters at the moment.

If my name has been changed is it possible to get it back?

Yes. If the name is still available you can use the "/name" command to request the name again.

Why has my character been renamed?

It is possible that your account was inactive for a long time (a period of years) or that a character on your dimension had a higher priority on your name. Using the /name command will allow you to choose a new name without any assistance and very minimal wait times.

Details of the Cleanup

To do some tidying up of characters and names in the game databases the following happened on March 18th, 2010:

1. Characters below level 6 on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last year (12 months) will be deleted.

2. Characters level 173 and below on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last two years will receive a default name. (eg: Naamez-1) These characters will be able to select a new name should they return. If their original name is still available they can simply request it back through the "/name" command.

3. Characters level 174 and higher on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last four years will receive a default name. (eg: Naamez-1) These characters will be able to select a new name should they return. If their original name is still available they can simply request it back through the "/name" command.
Source: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=571874
Hyde
Hyde!

Re: Characters cleanup: how to get a new name or an old one back

Post by Hyde »

Mud did me a solid and snagged Doctorhyde on RK1 and Hyde on RK2 for me :)

Sadly ... Rawhyde was still taken.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Wouldn't it be great if we could get our names changed to use the new names!!!

I reserved Daddy and Rabbit
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mud wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we could get our names changed to use the new names!!!

I reserved Daddy and Rabbit
Yeah, too bad you couldn't have -volunteered- a toon or two for a rename, eh?
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Hyde..... I checked for Dochyde for you as I was going to reserve it for when you came back but its still held by the lvl 4 Omni Doc :/

LAME!!!!
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins