AP Mentoring Program - If you want to learn more!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Re: AP Mentoring Program - If you want to learn more!

Post by Chrisax »

OK, meet me online so we can get you more gems from the bank or farm a boss fast.

We should have some bot junk thanks to Dark (the MP) but getting some is quite easy:
- Grid exit to Lush Resort; there are slayers patrolling the area around the hotel
- Roll a mission 190ish with full order and full physical options = slayers in mission

Reminder on missions, always useful:
order = only human and human-created enemies / chaos = weird mobs
physical = no caster / mystical = casters
so mystical + order = human beings (usually easier but have kits to unroot you!)
and physical + order = robots, and slayers from around mission level 180ish

And we'll do another prisoners raid.

We will also go at some point to Inner Sanctum for Xioying and Pikapi and everyone else needing the dungeon is welcome.
Threefingers
Little Leet

Post by Threefingers »

Thank to everyone for their help in assembling the Aruls.

Im working on getting some EE imps made so I can craft the AI batteries, beacon HUD gear.
Joined in on a Prisoners Daily today and made off with a bunch of stones/jems for the cloaks. Thank you Maverick.

Noobas, I bought a SSoS today, a ql 260. Is it possible to get that on my guy with the right gear? Its 1601 1he! agggggh! #-o

Relays sure take their sweet time dropping but am collecting them like a little squirrel. No bots have dropped yet in the city raids. Joined GOA and will farm there for more bot love while i farm s10. Thank you Okadu for that suggestion. I looked at some players histories and noticed alot of people stayed at 150 for a year or so. Its nice to have the dailies to work on to break things up.

<3F
The test of character isnt adversity, its when you have power over others.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

bump.

Maybe we need to restart some processes to show some AP's around the big raids or even wherever you are!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
mobstar
Strong Leet

Post by mobstar »

Need a mentor. Want to learn more. Constantly fifth-wheelin and wasting peoples time despite trying to be an asset.

*edit for some more info. I started playing again after the merge, so I started a paid agent since I enjoyed my froob agent so much. This time I'm trying to play from a new player perspective with no PL'ing, no rotting away in lft, no gimmicks (tho I kinda slipped up last night to check out the named predators on my main).
Last edited by mobstar on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

mobstar wrote:Need a mentor. Want to learn more. Constantly fifth-wheelin and wasting peoples time despite trying to be an asset.

So, who will be Obi-Wan? Need one for Mobstar! :cool:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

i've never really played an agent so not 100% sure the go for survivability etc. possibly noobas or grind
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Post by tommytanker »

So an agent going for solo then?
Depends on what you want to do if it would be easy or hard. For example in RK mishes mobs would probably die with AS + 1 or 2 hits.

You could also start using FP such as MP for heal pets which are very common/useful at low levels.
You will lack HP, lots and lots of it... agents are SUPER squishy!

Post more info so we can help you out...
mobstar
Strong Leet

Post by mobstar »

An "unspecialized agent useful to the org". Half buff-bot, half capable of static dungeons when I can only just grind solo (finished all <lvl50 research that way - QUICKLY), ability to actually finish alien dailies (despite being able to kill half-red aliens 1x1, I still couldn't finish the "Plant the bomb" mission because I couldn't fight 2 aliens at once - got fed up - Pronouncement of Greatness then snuck by all the aliens, got to general's room and just kited the two of them around the room until they were both dead - it was really fun and rewarding finishing the mission in a totally different way than just sheer firepower), and half capable of pvp if even just for a warm body on the playfield, at least participating (never really PVP'd in AO).

I tried to defend the Belial Forest site today on Mobstar (205 Engi), but just was a minor annoyance to the attackers, because Mobstar is pretty gimpy, but always there to help even if that means getting chain-killed (luckily I had read Noobas' guide on tower wars recently, joined wasrus, and called for HALP!! - and had my AOE snare and/or special blocker running. Had I been able to sneak and relay the proper info to the proper channels I could have been more useful, but I just kept getting 2-shotted...
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

BUMP!

Grind.... I need a RK tour, then SL tour, then.???....... I can meet at Vangs or inside the grid... I can't be certain about making it to any other place..... oh and what is the hot key for MAP? ;) j/k
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Sookie, I think the best plan for you is do a quick tour of relevant content for you, which, at the start of re-entrance to AO should be limited.

I reckon you should re-acquaint yourself with the game doing:

* inferno easy missions - you need to be in inf garden to roll a mish
* inferno hard missions - same as above
* City AI raids (easy easy easy) but re-learn the power of AI mobs nukes - talk to spanz
* Org raids with the group, and ask for key observations (i.e. don't run into a fence!)

* once you get a feel for content and how your toon is working, we can revisit the option for doing a perk reset to get more combat related perks etc.

* Trader's can do quite reasonable DPS right now since the add dmg affecting perks+procs patch - use this knowledge to your advantage... Even in the nanoskill/tradeskill setup sookie is currently in, she can pump out some pretty decent damage (150k+DPM in inf hards)

* when you're refamiliarized with the controls, then we can start doing more difficult content - DB1, DB2, 12M, can do mitaar easily just so you get an idea of what it is..., vortex perhaps, Beast/zods of course, etc.

There's also some new content such as Gauntlet, Collector and DB3 which you should definitely experience. However, I don't recommend DB 3 until you're 100% confident performing all other raids, as this one is a motherfucker in difficulty and will kick your ass more times than the bully in grade 6 did.

That said, Collector is a fun one that's not too difficult, and gauntlet is also fun and fairly stress free in a balanced team.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

And don't forget our "If you're coming back..." information thread with all the new stuff http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=2&t=3292 (with links to videos for the new market system)

And talk to me online, but everyone will be happy to answer and help you.

If you had money or items in a store in our cities, just do (on EACH character to be sure you don't miss one)

/store claim

This will transfer itels and money to your inventory. If you don't have enough room, you'll just has to do it again.