login server down for me... what to do.

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Porvalsh
Little Leet

login server down for me... what to do.

Post by Porvalsh »

Yesterday I crashed out of the game and could not log back in. I thought that the problem was server side. Basically I type in my credentials and the progress bar goes across but I never get in.

Last night I re-booted my computer and everything worked...logged in fine. Launched click saver and it hosed everything. Then could not log back in. I tried to reboot and log but couldn't get in. Finally I uninstallec the game and reinstalled it. Still stuck at login screen.

I did some searches and doesn't look like this is a global problem or is it? I downloaded this so server status program and it says login servers are down. Is this true? If not then perhaps it has to do with my firewall/router config... its just weird that it would happen out of the blue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Entevenr - Crat
Ficksterama - Fix
Porv - Adv
Chrisax
President

Re: login server down for me... what to do.

Post by Chrisax »

Before trying the following, have you tried (or could you try) from another account (create a froob account)?
And also from another computer somewhere else (including a public WIFI, quality doesn't matter, it's just to see if you can connect). AO is portable, if you copy all AO folder and sub-folders to a USB stick, you can launch AO anywhere to test.

Do you use a proxy to connect to the Internet? (It can be a question to ask your ISP.)

Then try the whole thing:
- hard-reboot your router (could be as simple as turning it off for a minute and then on again)

- delete AO totally and reinstall the game (yes again) after saving your preferences folder BUT DO NOT restore the preference folder before you have a working AO that connects etc.

- make sure you have no third party program running while you install AO (AOIA, clickksaver, etc) and when you test it

- when you are ready to launch AO, temporarily (a few minutes) turn your firewall off totally so we can see if it's a firewall-related issue, and try. Switch it on again as soon as possible.
  • If your firewall is application-based, make sure AO has in and out permissions.

If your firewall is based on ports control and protocols, make sure the following ports are open for the TCP protocol (and for AO in general if you have a firewall allowing to set ports permissions for applications):
    and the range 7500 - 7600
- tell us how all this works. If you still have an issue you also might have to ask your ISP about your problems and ask if they changed something
For AO, the IP addresses are normally:
  • 37.18.192.XX zone servers
    37.18.193.XX chat servers

Keep us informed and good luck.
Porvalsh
Little Leet

Post by Porvalsh »

Thanks for the reply Chris.

The problem appears to be related to clicksaver. After I hard booted the router I was able to get in...setup config, etc. I can log different players, no problem. I logged out a few times to see if it would work and it did.

Of course...I have to blitz a nano, so I quit, opened clicksaver, then relogged my fixer. No luck. Kind of strange.
Entevenr - Crat
Ficksterama - Fix
Porv - Adv
Porvalsh
Little Leet

Post by Porvalsh »

Go fix for clicksaver and it worked for me. Everything seems to be back to normal...
Entevenr - Crat
Ficksterama - Fix
Porv - Adv
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Good to hear :) What version of CS do you use?
Porvalsh
Little Leet

Post by Porvalsh »

Use Clicksaver 3.1.0.

Have Windows 7 64 bit.

I thought I had already done this fix but I guess not:

"Issues with Windows 7 64
Some users have reported issues with ClickSaver 3.1.x under Windows 7 64-bit after patch 18.5.0. Issues include: ■Hitting on [Request Missions] doesn't update the mission information in the ClickSaver window.
■If starting CS before AO, AO hangs after entering the password. If starting AO before CS, AO hangs when starting CS.
Personally I've witnessed only the first one, but anyway the solution to both seems to be this: ■Download and unzip the AOhook.dll for Windows 7 64.
■Copy the AOhook.dll to your ClickSaver directory.
"
Entevenr - Crat
Ficksterama - Fix
Porv - Adv