Bad news: New Org cities will be MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Kosstoss
Big Leet

Re: Bad news: New Org cities will be MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE!

Post by Kosstoss »

How about 2m/city raid per person.
Never underestimate anyone who is smiling.........
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Kosstoss wrote:How about 2m/city raid per person.

Just for kicks, lets hash this out.

Lets say city operating costs are 150m / month, for GOA and AP.
Lets say, AP charges 0m/month + 5m/raid

150m/5m per raid = 30 raids to make AP meet budget. (1 per day).. not difficult to do that.

GOA on the other hand, might need a slightly different structure, because there are very few people in GOA, but raid heavily.

Maybe GoA takes a 2m/raid , then 75 raids in a month will make budget.

3m/raid isn't bad either.

But I think it's better to charge a higher rate per AP raid because it's only officers who are raiding, but, in GOA, it's several people who aren't officers yet.

Officers, in general, and nearly by definition are richer based on tenure, and therefore won't have any problem meeting the 5m per raid quota.

If you want to raid cheap, join GOA and farm, etc. if you want to make raids count, raid AP. Imo that works nicely.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Alternate idea (and I'm not married to any of them, just a thought):

At the beginning of each month schedule an org-wide city raid. Chain them between AP and GoA cities until enough loot (usually bots of course) drop to cover the cost. If an org member wants to buy the bots for a fair market price (maybe discount it some) then they can, otherwise they get sold on GMS.

Make the city pay for itself.

Once 300M worth of bots have been farmed for the org via these raids, which all are encouraged to participate in (perhaps participation gives you a bump-in-line for using the city for private raids ... or perhaps not participating in at least X funding raids over Y months removes your rights to use the city for your own raids) then the city is open for private raiding however the members want to organize it.

Maybe even do a marathon of raids for a few days or a couple weeks every few months to boost the coffers and relieve pressure for awhile so that it doesn't seem like such a chore.

CRU for these raids provided by the org (and encourage folks to donate CRU, as it isn't hard to get).

People who can't be on for timezone reasons can be allowed to contribute cash by farming it in other ways and then giving it to the city upkeep to be able to raid on their own times.

Synergies help smooth things out and feel less like a tax.

Alternate idea is to increase taxes on org's GMS terminals at the beginning of each month for a time long enough to cover the upkeep fee and then, once upkeep met for that month, lower taxes back to minimum. Were I playing I know most of my sales were via GMS. I'd have accepted a 20% tax during that time of the month ... though I think this system could be "gamed" by some players (not listing their good items until the tax was met ... though that would just mean the tax lasted that much longer).

Or run a marathon challenge. Ask people to blitz missions for cash for 1 day each month and donate all to the bank. The person who is able to donate the most via this method ... or maybe a scavenger hunt (the person with the most robot parts or whatever) wins something (maybe loot rights at the next raid, whatever).

You might end up needing to use all of these methods over time. Alternate them. Make them events and add some fun components. I think the increased cost won't be that bad.

I'll also say that GoA's city seems kind of expendable. I know that's been mentioned before. Perhaps anyone wanting SC in GoA for more extensive private raiding needs to have the monthly dues that were mentioned before. Maybe even open GoA up to outside-of-AP folks as a rentable city since I'll bet the number of private farming cities goes way down after this change.

(what I don't think will work will be a flat amount per person per month ... not all folks are equal at money generation and there will be some people who just don't pay ... what will AP do then ... start kicking those folks? Doesn't sound much like AP to me)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Hehe Hyde some of the things you mentioned are actually not in game, like the city GMS. Now it's just each person with their own bank/GMS. Also the idea of taxing still never really pays for anything. Even at 10% you would need to move 1.5-3billion p month to be worth it, and the only people who do that are people who can afford to do it. The rest sell privately or use bots to make their own armour. So the people paying will be the same people already.

I like the chain farm idea.

Also CRU is slightly harder to find. S10 doesn't drop ICE anymore afaik and also it's a wasteland since the bounties stopped also. So the only ways are Sector raids and inf missions, I don't think s7 drops them either.

I posed the idea of turfing GoA but Chris seems to have something inline for that.

I don't like the idea of rent out, due to the fact that GoA has a standing and known affiliation with AP and hence any members would ideally need to come through the application process.

The pay for raid idea is fine too.

I don't like the idea of a tax, since lots of people actually have their own city they raid in, or they don't really raid. So they are paying for what? Especially people like last who help out a lot already (so they aren't a drain on raids etc) but now they have to pay to be in AP? Doesn't fit.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya. the more I've thought about it the more it seems to be intuitively fair that raiders pay.

I'm still of the opinion that AP should cost more to raid in. This will tax the officers slightly more (who are in general slightly richer than the rest of the goblins), and it will help promote GOA as a farming city.

I'll go with 5m/raid in AP, 3m/raid in GOA

Provided both cities are full, I think that works out to 30 raids per month in AP to pay for it, and 50 raids per month to pay for GOA.

Based on the number of times I have seen the shield raised and dropped in each city, I'd say that would be more than enough to fill the coffers each month.

The other thing it would do is it would force the raiders to clean their inventories every raid to dump stuff on the market to recover costs Which (hello!) seems to be a problem.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln