Downtime for Maintenance- June 18th, 2013

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Downtime for Maintenance- June 18th, 2013

Post by Anonfx »

The Anarchy Online servers will come down for maintenance on June 18th at 1200 UTC / 8.00am EDT. The downtime is scheduled to last about 4 hours.
AO crashed on me, now I'm not able to log in at all...been having LI issues since the server went up. :roll:
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Re: Downtime for Maintenance- June 18th, 2013

Post by Anonfx »

Don't want to jinx myself, but I reinstalled AO and disabled my firewall and was able to log in and play...hope it lasts....still having some crash and LI issues, nerf.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

What is your firewall?
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Bitdefender Total Security 2013, which has a built in firewall. Since making my last post...I was able to turn my firewall back on and was able to log in, but it took a few tries. Then I started crashing when I was zoning. So I'm thinking it's not on my end.

I have never had issues with BTS and running AO, this all started since the downtime today and when the server went back up.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

When you crash, do you get a windows with an option to see more information about the crash? If so can you click and copy/paste the few lines?

Have you tried a full reinstall of AO in another totally different directory? (Keep the old install: AO can have several installs)

If you totally shut down Bitdefender (ir nothing at all is running), is it better systematically? This could give us a clue maybe.
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

I could not for the life of me tell you what it said exactly, but I do recall in big letters something of the sort that AO crashed.

I have done roughly 6 reinstalls of AO now...but have not tried doing so in another directory, i'll give it a whirl.

I did do a clean re-install/copy of my OS, without BTS installed and still had connect issues of not being able to connect to update servers. Now that i'm updated once again thanks to borrowing someone elses computer to install the updates. Now the login client won't connect to the game.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

So a totally different computer but on YOUR connection, and it doesn't work either?

Maybe you should contact your ISP and see if he blocks something related to AO. ( I don't have the IP's at hand but I can find them.)

I remember that the Internet access of an hotel I was in blocked anarchyonline.com because the provider thought it was some kind of terrorist site due to the word "anarchy".
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Chrisax wrote: I remember that the Internet access of an hotel I was in blocked anarchyonline.com because the provider thought it was some kind of terrorist site due to the word "anarchy".
I had to laugh at that one :D

Ok, so I'm back online...yay! the issue was my login client was corrupt that I was using...odd, so FC provided me with a new client.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Welcome back! Good to see it's solved. We'll work on the new AP poll together now.
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Wonderful :)

Had two responses so far btw.