Shaytal (CA) has passed away (IRL)

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Shaytal (CA) has passed away (IRL)

Post by Chrisax »

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... stcount=20
Byste sat at his gridspace terminal, casually browsing the mundane. It was rather cold this time of year on RK4. It'd been some time since he last visited RK5, and his special comlink for operations practically lay forgotten.

It took him by surprise when the device sprang to life with an alert. He checked the message slowly. It was from an old comrade of his, Gekko.

"Shaytal is dead."

Everyone dies all the time on Rubi-Ka, it's something you get used to. But permadeath for someone so young just isn't right. His stomach clenched, remembering. Shaytal had been there to help Byste find his bearings on Rubi-Ka. He helped him install his implants, learn his way around Old Athens, pick out his very first 3-slot belt tailored to his computer literacy. Now no one would have Shaytal to be there at their side. Damnit Shaytal, you never even earned your Master Creator title, did you? Byste knew what he had to do, and departed immediately.

Approaching the old ship's bell, Byste muttered, "This one's for you Shay. You touched a lot of people's lives. Some people didn't understand you, but no one will forget you." He heaved at the cord with all his strength.

*BONG*

EDIT: There is a wake planned for Shaytal at the Notum Tree in Avalon (/waypoint 2462.3, 1331.7, 505) on Saturday the 11th at 3pm EST. Everyone is welcome to honor his memory there. He passed away in his bed on Monday the 6th. The exact cause of death won't be known for a few weeks.
Here are two pictures taken during the ceremony. AP was of course there to pay our respects to a very nice and friendly player.

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: Shaytal (CA) is dead

Post by Elrojo »

I don't get it. Is this some RP thing or what
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Think the human behind Shaytal has passed away :/
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I thought so too lasa but the replies to the thread mentioned people like means, lindelu as also being not with us anymore... And afaik they aren't dead IRL
Chrisax
President

Re: Shaytal (CA) has passed away (IRL)

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, this i about the player know as Shaytal who has passed away IRL.

I thought the information and the thread were clear enough, but I changed the titel to make things clearer.

Sorry for the confusion.
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

This was some sad and unexpected news. :(

I knew Shaytal not that good in game but I knew about him / the org / his clothing style.

I had for close to a month a backpack full with ql 60 belts that I thought he wanted for his org bank, called Shaytal's backpack. Never got to deliver it to him .. Gave the backpack yesterday to someone else in CA, plus some platinum filigree rings +4 just for the sake of it. Thanks to Anseh for the help with crafting that!

I paid my respects also to the event ingame.
Yay
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Is truly sad, but he will never be forgotten, You know he touched lives when you cry IRL over an event going on ingame. I was never a member in CA, but my real life friend, Buildotic was, and Shaytal helped us both when we were first starting out, just like he did hundred of others that have come and visited Anarchy Online.

After the ingame Wake, myself, Buildotic, and Tweekzu hosted a "Remembering Shaytal Raid" where we invited anyone, clan or omni, to come and learn how to properly raid DB2, and we gave the loot, to anyone who needed for free, just as Shay would have also done. Several of CA's members who dont even play anymore, but repaid their accounts just to come ingame for the wake, joined to learn a raid, that they will probably never do again, as they have quit gaming or quit AO, it was a very warm, and rewarding feeling to cut up, laugh, raid, and remember Shaytal. Just a small reminder that, this is just a game, just pixels, but its the people that make the game what it is, and AO will never be the same again.

Rest In Peace, Doug
-Drew
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!