Out for a while

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Atilise
Little Leet

Out for a while

Post by Atilise »

Computer failed last night, it was on the way out for a while, dual logging at hecks was the straw that broke the camel's back :P

It's getting repaired right now but like I said it was on the way out so theres a lot of things to be fixed so I have no idea when it will be working again.
Chrisax
President

Re: Out for a while

Post by Chrisax »

:( Sorry Atill, hope you can be back soon. We'll be there for you and we"'ll miss you in the meantime.

If a lot has to be repaired, isn't it worth to buy a new one? Repairing comps is usually quite expensive. Maybe if you can pay for a new one in three or four times?
Atilise
Little Leet

Post by Atilise »

Yeah that's very true Chris! I have the funds for a new machine, but I'm letting my dad have a look at it first as he's the one that originally put it together. In any case it will definitely need a new DVD drive, Power supply, chip-fan, graphics card and more memory (last month I hit a point where I couldn't create a new Photoshop document because I had no memory left for the temp file it creates haha!)

I'll keep you guys posted, just means I'll be watching the action via Demoder's Tower tracker in the meantime :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

if you had a system shutdown, it was probably due to overheating?

When I quad log for too long my machine overheats as well.

But I took apart my laptop and sucked the dust out of it... I need to increase the fan speed, but it's working.

Once the termperature shutdown thing enables you should be able to start it up about half an hour later... and 99% of the time it won't need fixing.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln