Pillar profs needed

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Pillar profs needed

Post by noobas »

Hmm good time to follow up I guess.

So when I posted this back in Jul 2014, that's less than a year ago.

And, we've seen a marked improvement in org for pillar profs.

Stokken rolled a doctor and is about 80% complete
Stokken rolled a doctor and is about 60% complete
Jay rolled a doctor and is about 80% complete
I rolled a tank and he's 98% complete

So, all in that's pretty good, A few others have rolled key profs and we've seen seen a pretty solid increase in people focussing on either 'desirable' toons, or attempting to finish/complete toons that they would like to call their 'main'.

Props all around to members of AP who are making improvements to their stables.

Some further observations:

Some returning players are working hard developing and overhauling their older mains (yegge, for example)

Some returning players are still torn between working on a toon and rolling alts (I won't name names, but if you see this type of behaviour, please provide gentle reminders to stay focussed!)

Good job AP's! We now have full raid capability around the clock with veteran AP's available with much broader utility/capability in all timezones.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Yegga
Growing Leet

Post by Yegga »

This is a great thread and very informative; but in truth I tuned out in many areas when I keep reflecting on that an Adverturer is not a "pillar' profession.

OK so not a tank; ok DD and OK heals and general support.

BUT

We can be Leets, Wolfs, Cats, Dragons and a f..king Tree; common who-else can match that.. :biggrin:
"Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up"
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Yegge, the reality is that 18.7 has significantly blurred the lines between "pillar" profs and "other" profs.

Advy is in contention with enf for AOE tank (top dragon buff gives 11000 HP and with supporting dragon buffs gets another 1100 HP, 1% reflect, up to 25k AC's, as well as a base 3%perks+4% base nano reflects).

Aggro management comes from using dragon breath AOE taunts, and from single taunts - realistically though, advy can get significantly greater DPS than enforcer which may mitigate some requirement for taunting.

Advy gets 1 CH every 20s (I think? or is it 30s), plus very good healing+evades and OK absorbtion.

Basically, if you work on your setup, and get some good DPS gear, paired with appropriate HP gear, you could tank just fine, AS WELL AS doing traditional advy roles such as support healing and DPS.

MA's are as good as docs for healing in 18.7 so far as I've seen, maybe not quite as strong since MA's don't have a CH, but their single target+team nano spam outheals doc single target+heal spam which sort of makes up for it.

whether or not we see any shift in perception regarding "tanks" and "docs" from non-enf, non-doc players is the question.

Crats, broadly speaking, are still the best init debuffers, but other profs can technically provide JUST as much damage mitigation; however, the tag-team combo of crat+keeper providing the lions share (the best in game by a HUGE margin) hasn't changed.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Don't know if this could be considering stealing the thread but I try and post anyways ... I rolled a few crat / Keeper / shade / mp that i intend to dual log for lvling i various combination's to find whats to my liking all are still below 50 (ish) ... Bit IF some one be interested in some more organized lvling id be up for it ? Maybe a new round of pillars for AP ?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

senare wrote:Don't know if this could be considering stealing the thread but I try and post anyways ... I rolled a few crat / Keeper / shade / mp that i intend to dual log for lvling i various combination's to find whats to my liking all are still below 50 (ish) ... Bit IF some one be interested in some more organized lvling id be up for it ? Maybe a new round of pillars for AP ?

We have several AP's leveling characters ATM the moment. I wouldn't even be able to list them TBH, but you can for example check with Reaper who is working on Toughenf, enforcer.
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Post by Cherib »

I have a crat that is 170ish atm, quite gimped though, but would like to get her up and running again
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

do it up cherib!

Don't forget to stop in S7. Crats are great in there :D
ChiefOwens
Mini Leet

Post by ChiefOwens »

I am interested in leveling with others. I have been dragging alts up to 150ish area so I can do needed buffs. Been trying to group with the Soldier so I can better learn the class but since TOWT was done, grouping is a nightmare to find.
NSDQ
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ChiefOwens wrote:I am interested in leveling with others. I have been dragging alts up to 150ish area so I can do needed buffs. Been trying to group with the Soldier so I can better learn the class but since TOWT was done, grouping is a nightmare to find.
Your best bet is to just ask around in org if anyone is levelling an alt of X level.

Also, never team with people to try to learn the class... that's an ineffective way to learn about it because anyone worth playing with won't want to be typing while trying to play, and just receiving buffs from a soldier isn't going to help you learn about them.

If you have a soldier, play it.

The best way to learn about a prof is to play it, play it solo, play it in teams, play it in BS, read forums, ask questions, trawl through auno, learn about weapon cycles (burst/FA) and read patch notes. then take it to the next level by planning equipment, reading perk definitions, and experimenting, theorize, craft hypotheses, test them, and draw conclusions; retest, refine. Test yourself versus harder mobs, harder missions, harder players, test yourself with DPS meters, adjust yourself, test yourself with perk tests, AR tests, evade tests.

Practice, practice, practice that's how to get good.
ChiefOwens
Mini Leet

Post by ChiefOwens »

I like to team with individuals to learn my classes. It works for me since I will be/have been soloing for quests and gear, that's all covered. Hopefully that makes more sense.
NSDQ
Zexmenia
Mini Leet

Post by Zexmenia »

I am currently working on a keeper, "Axemurder" (presently low TL4, level 111) and have rolled up a new soldier (still sitting in the starting area), if anyone might have an interest in collaborating on leveling activities.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I haven't seen you online yet Zex, maybe we're in opposite TZ's :(

But I'll be levelling a few toons to 108-109 starting in early June/late may I think.
Zexmenia
Mini Leet

Post by Zexmenia »

Sure, that would be great! I am in the Pacific Time Zone (currently UTC-7) and am typically around in the afternoon and early evening hours. Do let me know if my nascent soldier would be a good pairing for any of your prospective characters!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya I was thinking soldiers as well.

just gotta figure out what accounts I'm doing it on.

poli acc: 110 MP done
bob acc: 109 crat leveled
keep acc: 109 Eng <- check trifecta for level possibly can use
main acc: ?
jet acc: ?
tank acc: ?
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

You could try a enf but guess blood bat would be best tough farming mercs can be a pain, im not sure what the req on charge is but nice to have a stun
:apc: