Pillar profs needed

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Pillar profs needed

Post by noobas »

Just a note we now have 4 enforcers being levelled.

This is really a great turnout, and inevitably it will set up the org with FAR more options for raiding than we currently have, however, we still have a huge necessity for crats.

As well, with 4 enforcers coming up through SL it will be a hard time for anyone in an inf team with so much tank and so little DPS.

I noticed Kindred has a shade, Cando has a NT and a MP, and psy has a fixer and a NT as well.

We should look to each other, and try to find balance amongst ourselves, and try to pair up with people to balance out our teams a bit.

Leveling slows down a LOT once you hit 150, and there we can maybe start looking to figure out what the best balance is, but ideally we should try to find at least one crat to join our ranks of upwards moving Pillar profs.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Dargrin
Little Leet

Post by Dargrin »

Too late!

I had overwhelming support to get me to inf yesterday and took the opportunity before I saw your post. I probably wouldn't have passed up the opportunity for a molar and a guide anyway. I do appreciate your efforts Noobas.

The token board, boots, bronto quests are done. When I don't have teams I will work on the SL quests. I have 9 AI atm. I'm not sure I could get to 20 at lvl 165 ;) The rest I have on my todo list! - Which is extensive.

As for another crat, Toughcrat is Reaperman and is in Inf now leveling up.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Being Saved in inf is good, but ONLY when you have keys for other gardens. Particularly ado and penumbra.

If you don't have keys for these gardens, I'd highly recommend bailing on inf and getting the quests done inado especially and penumbra next.

There's so many reasons for it, the biggest of them being that 165 don't get teams in inferno easily.

You'll spend an hour on LFT and 12 minutes in a mission.

Instead you could be spending a few hours banging through the quests which open many doors, the most obvious one being fast travel, but the more important one is that it opens doors to better twinking, and better gear and the most important one: capability.

Rolling solo in ado and learning what is required to take down the custodian, how to tackle the goddess solo... these are the quests that DEFINE and REFINE your capability. Can't complete the quest? read a guide about your prof. Can't solo effectively? learn where you might be falling down.

Enforcer play isn't just about q 123456789, it's about finess and understanding the balance between (at low levels) proc chance, AC's and healing, at mid levels it's about AC's, absorb cycling, nano init and nano usage, and at late game it's a balance between agg/def, AC's, reflects, absorb cycling and casting cycles.

And throughout, it's a VERY fine balance between creating enough taunt via DPS and taunt procs, taunters and single nano taunts and damage mitigation.

You don't learn this stuff being on follow in inferno missions. You learn this stuff in solo play.

You WILL NOT be a good enforcer JUST because you have DB nanos. At some point (better now than later) you need to learn the ropes.

Just as the guys I am playing with at low levels are learning, in order to tank effectively, is not just a matter of pressing mongo. We went from being barely able to take on a few yellow/orange mobs to effectively handling 3-4 dark red mobs when I take over tanking. You don't just become a good tank because you got to 220, you become a good tank by understanding exactly what your limits are. But without testing, you'll have no idea where those limits are.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

A bit of a cross post here .. but :=)

Hum sounds good with more enf's in org ..

I decided to lvl my 150 s10 doc project instead .. he's decent enough geread for PWM and I goten to 154 i think ... but i would love some teaming to get me above the 160, for teaming 220 and doing inf etc ...

Also i have a 125 NT who been hanging out at nuke hill a lot so I am planning on lvling him ... so if ya got OST, please just poke me and i log him and nuke some hecks ...

(all my payed toons are same account so ... )

About the DPS ... maybe i could lvl up and use the NT .. not sure how good DPS i can get at those lvls in mish though :/

But I have a soldier at 100 I am trying to lvl also i see about dedicating some effort to that also but most likely ya be 220 before I get my shitz togheter since I am a bit slow :)
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

I have the Ice Golem pattern ready so we can use it to get Inf access, think it drops 6 molars if I remember (and I had forgotten all about it!!), so when we all ready...... we can grab it and hit Inf.

if any one needs help on Pen xan quest give me a shout, done it a few times and Enf has spec 4 now just haven't finished it yet for xan nano.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Inf access sounds like a good Idea ... I have lvl my doc to 160 now ... And dargrain helped me get saved in penumbra also now ( many thanx ! ) i have ely & ado garden key already but sanct Keys and ofc pen garden would be Nice If som One willing to let my doc tag along ... Else i Think i Will try get all the stuff for boots & hhab rdy ...
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

I have plenty of mirrors for spawning TCHU .. i never actually spawnedhim myself though .. would there be more in need of boots/HHAB .. maybe we could make it happen for us ?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We could do that early next week, just need to announce it one or two days before so people can complete their items list for the quest.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Be careful about going to inf too early!
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

I have farmed my HHAB parts .. and working on the inf boots .. however I be out of town for a week or so ...
noobas wrote:Be careful about going to inf too early!
Yeah.. well with the SL beacon and few garden keys .. aswell as the RK beacon I don't think this is as much a ofa probhlem today as before ...

Also I have plenty of other projects to relogg :)
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Even though i havnt had much respons as of yet i Will post an Idea suggestion ... And ya can provide som feedback

i AM planning on expanding to get a vet account so i might move my 125 nt over then idealy i could dual my 100 sold ... Some One with a 220 enf / doc could ost for us and we could nuke for as long as its viable ( atleast up to 160 i am unsure when the roi gets to bad for us ) i lvl the nt along ofc ... I am assuming 125 & 100 can team up ? I blive atleast crazidoc and tankgank ( did i get that right ?) is in that lvl range ?

alternativly i could dual my 200 enf in ordinary gear 225 cm etc ... I never tried but should Be able to tank som Ely hecks ? He is S7 in the Works ... But might Be an option ?

anyways i hope to Be on tonight around 20-22 gmt ( unless i messed up timezones)

/ senare
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

225 Combined Mercenary is not really ordinary gear :) My enforcer can tank Ely hecks at 170 in a similar armor, so you should most likely be able to do it. Some heals can help to go faster.

But I'm almost certain you'll find someone to OST for you. We have some DB instances runs tonight though.

I stayed silent about the veteran account question because, like many of us (silent too), I didn't feel I needed one and so what I know is totally theoretical.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

We need nor want an OST.

I've been tanking ely hecks successfully since level 81 on tankngank.

The game doesn't need "shortcuts".

@ chris, heals dont' make you go faster, good DPS makes you go faster.

Interestingly, a team with decent DPS will gain more XP/hour than a team with OST+nuker. With solid DPS you can expand your range and kill rate vastly exceeds that of a single or dual NT's.

Last night me, stokken (crazidoc) and boycsee (deugh), along with three 120ish shades epiganked for about 1 hour and killed all the way from south beach to P7, the entire P7 area, back to south beach and back to SH, then back to south beach again in that time. In my opinion, having pulled hundreds of hecks before on eltankjoo, I think we probably increased kill rate by about 1.5, add to that the time to pull and we probably doubled it.

The only time it's less effective to kill normally, in my experience is if you don't want to play, or, you have a 220 crat XP perked with a 220 enf in defensive gear and 2 NT's nuking, then you can pull a huge batch, kill fast AND always hit with XP perks for the kill. But other than that I'd far rather play and explore the build I've got and learn who is building what these days.

The three shades were from Spartan, and they were three RL friends who were trying out a triple build together. It sounded a lot like what me+deugh and stokken are doing, only we're enf/enf/doc and not RL friends, but we are now IG friends!

Personally, I'm at 130 now and taking a break from levelling to get all the midrange quests done:

* bazzits
* bronto burger
* advance to scheol
* scheol key
* scheol quest (start at least) and hopefully deugh+stokken comes for this
* advance to ado
* ado key
* ado sanct
* ado brain quest

By the time I'm done all these, including dailies and taking breaks to do some ado hecks, and just killing mobs wherever I am, I reckon I'll be close to 160, then I'll go to pen and do
* pen key
* pen sanct
* pen quest
* advancement golem
* some heavy twinking into high end armour/weapons,

And then I'll be ready for inf. So I'm hoping to avoid "levelling" pretty much from now till inferno, at least on ely hecks.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

@ chris, heals dont' make you go faster, good DPS makes you go faster.
What I meant is that when I was tanking for a team in Ely as an OST, so for a team lower than me and without heals, I had to stop a little after each hecklers pack group and heal myself. Multiplied by dozens of times, it's time consuming. :cool:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've recently learned how to tank.

It's only been whatever 8 years in AO, but i'm happy to have learned it.

Enforcers actually can tank like a effing boss early in game if you IP properly, my experience to date of other people tanking, and even those enforcers who are levelling with me (deugh and metaa) that there is a WORLD of difference between a good tank and one that isn't setup properly/can't operate properly/doesn't know how to operate properly.

I've been considering writing a Enforcer play guide because of this... I'm actually astonished at how well an enforcer can operate to mitigate damage when played/setup properly.