About free/paid token boards...

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Aiodom
Mini Leet

About free/paid token boards...

Post by Aiodom »

So as most of you know, I'm a froob player. When I started on newb island I got my basic token board for joning Clan. When I got to the mainland and started mission grinding, I collected 10 tokens to upgrade my board. In doing so...the board upgraded to "twig of hope" and the board also upgraded to a new type of board for paid accounts, but yet I can still wear it. Is this some strange glitch that FC missed or is it intentional?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: About free/paid token boards...

Post by noobas »

haha

It's probably unintentional, but the upgraded boards really don't offer a lot more benefits except when you hit 400 tokens and you get 100 CL, when on the non-upgraded boards you need 1000 tokens to the CL bonus (200).

I would assume they don't really care though. You could file a bug report but you'll only hurt yourself ;)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Quite strange. Could you copy and past here the text in the description window for this board"? Or make a screenshot and post the part with the window.

Token boards are available to "froobs" so you should always be able to equip one. The "upgraded" versions for subscribers (which I totally forgot about until you posted) have limited advantages as Noobas said.

If you had any issue, you can find new blank token boards in the general stores on Rubi-Ka. The tokens are in your character's data, so you can r-click a new board and the board will upgrade, no matter if you already did that with another board before. Tokens are not consumed.

Finally, let's remind our readers that the token boards are most excellent items to have and everyone should be working to get the best possible ones. :)

Check the list here (attention: the list only mention a few stats: Click on the link for a bord to see ALL stats!)

http://auno.org/ao/tokenboards.html
Aiodom
Mini Leet

Post by Aiodom »

I'm thinking it is something that FC missed or like Noobas said, they don't really care about. When I was playing, all we had were the Clan Merits-Basic Board. Now I come back and we have two flavors Clan Merits -Basic Baord for free players or Clan Advancement - Basic Board for paid accounts...examples below;

Clan Merits - Basic Board...the board given to us on newb island when we join Clan.

When you right click it, it turns into;

Clan Advancement - Basic Board As you can see from the description that; Criteria to Wear: Self AccountFlags is not FreePlayer And Self Side == Clan. Notice you have to be a paid player to wear.

This is what I'm wearing...

Clan Advancement - Late Night
NODROP Playshift requirements
Quality level: 5
Requirements:
Wear:
On Self:
Paid Account and
TitleLevel from 3 and
Awarded Clan Tokens from 120 and
clan
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

First welcome to the org :)

So I saw this post and just to try it out myself. I rolled a froob character and got the clan basic board...I right clicked it and it did not let me upgrade it to clan advanced basic board.

I'm at a loss for words at what happend or how you are able to do this. :? Very strange indeed...I have never heard of any froob being able to equip the clan advanced basic board.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks for testing that, Fx :)

Well, it looks like some... bug? I have no clue. Unless it's a stealth change in the game. Il'l try to know but there are not many people left at FC's that I know now. I know Michizure but he is quite busy.
Aiodom
Mini Leet

Post by Aiodom »

Strange indeed...I brought this up out of curiosity and to see if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe sometime down the line it will fix it's self I guess in a patch maybe, dunno :?