Patch 18.8.0 Update Notes - Beta engine for playing on Live!

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Patch 18.8.0 Update Notes - Beta engine for playing on Live!

Post by Chrisax »

18.8.0 Update Release Notes

This patch looks "small" but contains several important changes.

The most noticeable is the fact

you can now use the beta graphic engine client to play on the normal ("live") server !
This is of course beta, so at your own risks BUT this is also a new install of AO so you can always use the old one if you experience issues.

Edit:
1) Create a totally new folder and download the file "AnarchyOnline_EP2.exe" in it. (It's the file in the link provided in the first post: http://update.anarchy-online.com/downlo ... ne_EP2.exe

2) Create another new folder which will receive the installed NEW AO.

3) Then launch the installer, and when it asks where to install AO, select the new folder for the game you just created at step 2)

The other change that we have to investigate is the change in drops rates fro lead bots in org city raids and alien ships.

Patch Date: June 25, 2015

New Engine Update:

- Added option to download a "New Engine" version of the game and play on the Live server; the installer is ~5GB in size, with a installation size of ~23GB. Click here to start downloading http://update.anarchy-online.com/downlo ... ne_EP2.exe

- Resolved an issue that cause lighting effects in dungeons to persist longer than they should

Profession Changes:

- Agent "Ruse" nanos will reduce the size of the agent.
- Trader's "Subprime Vitality Mortgage" now has a reduced 90 second cooldown.
- Trader's "Subprime Vitality Mortgage" now requires Bio Metamor & Time&Space.

General Changes:

- Made preparations for 2015 Anniversary.
- Adjusted AI Bot drops on ground and ship .
- Entrance point into the Grid has been moved.
- It is now possible to enter the landing shuttle, located near your character spawning location; this can be used as an additional meet-up location, as needed.
Chrisax
President

Re: Patch 18.8.0 Update Notes - Beta engine for playing on Live!

Post by Chrisax »

Regarding Lead bots drops, our first tests tend to show the drop rate has been seriously increased and it seems prices are going down fast on the market. To be confirmed...
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

Glad I just got all those ICE, I'll have to do a few raids with the folks. I could definitely use some Supple for my alts.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Had a quick try at it I some how ended up on test still though (i guess that is a known problem .. i will look into it ) ???

It works on real OS to btw .. for reference i did (idk if any one is interested here ?)

# setup wine-bottle
env WINEPREFIX=~/anarchy_187_64 winecfg
(emulate desktop ... )
env WINEPREFIX=~/anarchy_187_64 winetricks d3dx9_36

# download
wget http://update.anarchy-online.com/downlo ... ne_EP2.exe
cd download
env WINEPREFIX=~/anarchy_187_64 wine explorer /desktop=$1,2560x1440 AnarchyOnline_EP2.exe
# start it ...
env WINEPREFIX=~/anarchy_187_64 wine explorer /desktop=$1,2560x1440 Anarchy.exe
( only tried window mode ... )

I will try borderless and setup some symlinks so i get my prefs once i figured out how to move to live dimension , all in all seams to work fine, and i am running arch linux (using plain xmonad ) and nvidia gfx

Might have to see if i can move it over to live and upgrade already ... any one know if it is stable ?

PS Oh yeah and i also moved to 64 bits while I am at it ... DS
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Is there a best way to download new engine, I mean I dont want to confuse the two versions, plus what should I do with prefs etc?

any help would be appreciated :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

1) Create a totally new folder and download the file "AnarchyOnline_EP2.exe" in it. (It's the file in the link provided in the first post: http://update.anarchy-online.com/downlo ... ne_EP2.exe

2) Create another new folder which will receive the installed NEW AO.

3) Then launch the installer, and when it asks where to install AO, select the new folder for the game you just created at step 2)

Regarding preferences, you will have to copy your preference folders and sub-folders to the new install folders tree and replace the new ones with your current (and pray it works)

Regarding AOIA, you should install anew one (for safety) and point it to the new install you just made.

Of course, the problem is, if you have to switch between the old install and the new one, every change made to your preferences or to your items database in AOIA won't "follow".

Feel free to ask for more info :-) It's Midnight and i'm not sure i'm totally clear.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

had an issue with AO last night and couldnt get it to work at all, so uninstalled it and downloaded the new engine only.

should i have download the old engine as well?

I spent ages looking for prefs last night but couldnt find them, any hints as to where i might find them?

are there any settings or things you have found that have worked well with new engine?

Thanks,
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nic wrote:should i have download the old engine as well?
You don't need to. For safety, you can have two different instals (new engine beta, and old engine) in two totally different folders though
Nic wrote:I spent ages looking for prefs last night but couldnt find them, any hints as to where i might find them?
Microsoft wants the data from game programs to be stored in a specific (and alas impossible to find for the common user) folder, to have a chance to be labeled "game for Windows".

Your preferences are there, if "C" is your system disk and if you didn't tell Windows to move the users folders to another place:

Go to
C:\Users\your Windows user name\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\

You will see a series of folders with random names like 8ogbd3e5 for example. Each one is for one of your characters (you can only guess which is which by looking at the content of the preferences or screenshots).

Going deeper into the folder tree of one character, you'll find a preference folder itself, for example there:
C:\Users\your Windows user name\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\random ID number\Anarchy Online\Prefs

BUT you just have to copy the "8ogbd3e5" (for example) folder and all its content to you new install at the same location.
You have copy this pref folder to your new install, at the same place, and hope it works.

Now, the problem lies in the fact I can't know if you didn't erase your old AO preferences by installing the new client. And if you have both installed, I can't know how your system exactly registered the folders for each install.

Look in C:\Users\your Windows user name\AppData\Local\Funcom and tell us what folders you have there. Several "Anarchy Online" folders?

Nic wrote:are there any settings or things you have found that have worked well with new engine?Thanks,
Currently, maximum settings work for me, in 1920x1080, on this machine which is now 3 years old (except I added SSD's) http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... it=monster

Nevertheless, I had to restart after the first launch to get a correct dimensions ratio.
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

Chris, thats brilliant thanks

Prefs - I eventually found them but they were hidden hence i couldnt originally. I just copied them over and reinstalled AOIA+, so currently going through each backpack!!!!

Everything else seems fine. New engine looks good, I have it set on the same settings as you and works well windowed, no lag as yet!!

i wont download old engine yet, i will see how this one goes. the process to download and reinstall is so much easier than it used to be a few years ago, so will be positive and stick with this one:)
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

also downloaded a new skin the Dovvetech dark edge one i think it was called which will be good, much neater and smaller so seems good too