AO crashing lately

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

AO crashing lately

Post by Elrojo »

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I have had vista for a while now. I have been using the same ISP for a while and same router etc as normal.

All of a sudden AO seems to crash fairly frequently. When i first log on usually about 5 mins later i crash, it is random. Sometimes i crash 4 times per inf mish and other times i can go an hour or two. Its everywhere, OA, ICC, BS, Inf, Inf mish... etc. I run in window mode with all the graphics turned down and no sound. I rarely run other programs concurrently so not usually downloading while playing. Other than Item Assist.

In general the crash happens like this....

1) do everything normally
2) can "cast nano" but it doesnt cast, it still comes up in text window that i'm casting
3) pet says "command recieved" but doesnt action
4) can still run around like normal
5) after 15-25 secs it pauses for 2-3 secs then crashes and the client opens automatically and generally when i go back in i'm humping a wall or where i was 2-3 mins before crash

On one particular occasion i was dual logged and the window i was using crashed but the other window did not. Then about 15 mins later when i went to use the other screen it finally crashed.

The problem occured about 2 months after i got vista/new laptop. Previously i ran it on full, super everything except sound and it went smooooothly.

Is there a known issue with vista/new update/program conflict? Any way to diagnose problem?

On the odd occasion when it crashes and i am D/L-ing something else the D/L doesn't pause.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: AO crashing lately

Post by noobas »

I got a few known bugs/ fixes/ random shite that might help

1. nvidea graphics card pwns ATi, Ati graphics crashed me religiously before I upgraded to nvidea.
2. dual logging can bug the sounds which CAN crash the game
3. running AO out of your "my documents" folder when using vista worked to solve several very serious game bugs when the APF's were instanced.
4. check your settings and possibly reduce the distance you can see (in game ofc)
5. turn off EVERYTHING else.
6. I mean, EVERYTHING.
7. Don't duel log unless you have to, and
8. Check your hardware for wire kinking, connections (this is a problem that has crashed me a fair bit)
9. Don't jerk off on the keyboard when watching porm. ?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Sounds like a LD, not a crash.

Try restarting your router and/or cable modem.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

poor poor keyboard...

But Nooba hit the nail on the head in his response. I hope your crashing has subsided... I know my own crashing is ISP blowing a node in the ethernet grid.
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!