Trying to quit... (Not AO :P )

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Re: Trying to quit... (Not AO :P )

Post by Ceokittymeow »

well been a while now and still no smoking!!!

Gum from the corner store is holding me over and it is crunch time... Mental addiction has set in and seeing all kinds of stuff... pulling off the normal habits like reaching for a smoke after eating... Its also making me feel weird about things in life...

"It sucks but whats good for the horde is good for me right?" wait... switch that... wait 86 that... Bad analogy... hmm "A bird in the hand is..." no... "Dont throw stones at glass..." err not it... "When your happy and you know it and you really wanna show it nuke an omni!" [/phail]

So yeah i have officially lost a bit of my brain cells from banging my head against a door jam earlier... Was bored soon after and found out that the state i live in has 24 David Ring's living in my state of Massachusetts! Im a cookie cutter build :( Also found out that My name is synonymous with a televangelist that has his own website and wiki page!

Well off to try for another day :)

*hugs* Kitty
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We are proud of you Kitty! Keep on; don't give up! :D
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Kitty!!!

Keep it up bro, you know its all worth it & having to start over & do it all again would just be /phail.

I went out last night, played some pool drank a bit with a few of my friends. 1st time in social environment I was craving pret5ty badly even thought about getting a cigar but withheld..

9 or 10 days now & counting well not really counting cause I know im going to have to restrain myself for a few months.

/me eats gummy bears
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Really cool guys, keep it going. And yes, like Grind said, it really is worth it. Might not feel like it the first long time, but the urge to smoke WILL get lower and it WILL be easier to withhold from the thoughts of wanting to take one of those little thingys and suck on it. :|
Keep up the good work guys. =D>
Meh sends willpower your way :D
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

*beats Grind with a rubber ducky for his gummy bears*

MINE! :P

well i do have a present when i have finally reached the end of the road... so i look foward to that ;)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Ceokittymeow wrote: well i do have a present when i have finally reached the end of the road... so i look foward to that ;)

MmmHhhhmmmm wazzat?

Im considering buying a paintball gun & starting up an old hobby again or maybe Tai Chi or Muay Thai I really wish there was a Krav Maga school but that is only taught in Isreal.

Whats your present Kitty or is it something private^^

Damage Clan
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

I'll never tell!!! *<_< >_>*
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Ceokittymeow wrote:I'll never tell!!! *<_< >_>*
Never is a long long long time..... Even if I bribe you? Say 250mil ingame creds..... Also some incentive to follow through!!!

I R Ev0L :twisted:

Damage Clan
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

maybe Tai Chi or Muay Thai I really wish there was a Krav Maga school but that is only taught in Isreal.
Krav Maga is not only taught in Israel, but if you're looking for something to give you a proper exercise, I'd look for something which has atleast semi-contact sparring and competitions, and join a atleast somewhat competition-oriented school. Krav Maga is great for self-defense, but Muai Thai for example might be more suited to getting a proper workout, and I personally think it's more fun to be able to do real sparring and get something out of it.

Also, it's hard to smoke when you're doing exercise that takes everything you have in terms of cardiovascular fitness. A few of my friends have stopped smoking because they took up some form of exercise where the shackles smoking puts on your lungs is really felt.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

I CANT SLEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! *bonks head on closeup*

Sleep not i go must bed hate it does me!

not smoking has really messed up my sleeping schedule lately throwing it off at first as i slept through a good portion of my physical withdraws and now getting 2 hours a sleep in a blocks as of late

Anyone else having this problem and if so how the hell are you coping with it? If not then well idk...

anyways the lack of sleep i am getting is making me zombie like, lethargic at times where i just slouch in the comp chair staring to a blank screen... its almost like i took smoking out of my life and its like a whole bar of sheet music has been taken from my life's tablature. the band just stops playing going WTF!? and starts to do handstands, sexting with each other and blowing fireballs with liquor and zippo!

Don't mind that last part, mind is melting at a slow gooey state... like a marshmallow in the sun!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ah kitty...

I have lack of sleep too, but, it wasnt' because I couldn't go to sleep, it had more to do with me going to bed at 11, but my GF not going to bed till 12, and somehow managing to bother me until she was good'n'ready for turning the light out.

So, while I can sympathsize, it wasn't quite the same reason. We on the other hand got it sorted. I can't remember hw, but I think it was something like: lets both go to bed at 10:30. Then she studies in bed while I sleep. Seems to be working so far.

Regardless, if you're too wired to sleep, don't worry.

Thats it. Just don't worry, or think about it. If youre wired, just get up and have a small glass fo water, log in, do a perk reset, do one mission, get one token, and just don't go to bed until you want to.

Whats the point of sleeping if you cant? nothing, really, so just do somethig else for a while.

It might also be good to read a bit after you play AO before you need to sleep. I find that I get wired from playing AO, I think about twinking X item, or doing such and such, getting this and that, and get all weird about it, like, totally obsessed. So, I sometimes need to read for at least 10 minutes, to shake off the AO ideas, and get back to something more normal. Then I sleep better.

see if that helps.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
butrkup
Strong Leet

Post by butrkup »

Kitty, just give yourself & your brain chemistry time to even out...it will all get better, I promise. :)
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
army
Strong Leet

Post by army »

kitty i know your going through some tough time atm but here is a homemade surprise i made it just for times like these

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

waow thats a cool piglet!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

ROFL!

Great Job Army!!! :)

Reminds me of some of the things i have done in the past with PSP... (will post some pics in other thread)