Aion

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Flux
Leet

Aion

Post by Flux »

Welp, I just bought it and am installing it on my main PC (which now has the RSM of Windows 7 on it now as well). We shall see how it is... I will post my opinons of the game and let you all know which server I am on in case any of you decide to try it as well. It looks pretty incredible, but it might suck! I hope not...:)
No matter where you go, there you are...
Flux
Leet

Re: Aion

Post by Flux »

Well, I am impressed. It doesn't suck! in fact, out of all the MMORPGs I have tried over the years, besides AO, this one is the best. It sounds like thier dev team is dedicated to working on the things that WoW and so many others failed on, like gold farming/spam, horrible balance between classes, unmonitored OOC, etc etc etc. I like the story, interface, graphics, sounds, music, ...everything hits the mark. One thing that is really cool is the character customization. Yout aren't left with just a few templates to pick from, but a huge number of basic templates, and then very granular controls for the face and body type of each character, so no-one in game looks alike! (unless you were to just choose defaults). Very cool.

I am not quitting AO :) But, I doubt I will be playing AO much this weekend. If any of you decide to try Aion, I play on the Fregion server..I choose it because it was low pop and is similar to friggin..lol... If you get the collector's edition it comes with a few nice in game items for all your characters and a special title as well as a couple posters and a nice highly detailed figure.
See screenshots from some of my newbie level gameplay here:

http://cid-dffbf5a54969568e.skydrive.li ... blic?ref=1
:)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Visually it looks good. I like the idea of having a general play until lvl 10, then streamlining into a particular aspect of your toon. The thing I like about AO is that if you roll a newbie you can just pew pew pew from the first second. You dont need to get this and that to be on your way. the SL playfield is a bit different when you start but still ok.

I'd be interested to see what the game economy is like. Since its quite new i assume most things are affordable.

Also I'd like to see what they did for that middle of the level ranges to stop the need to just beg for teams. In AO you are generally too young for the PF you are in so you need to beg to leech for a bit. By the time you are effective its time to move on.

Is it team based or solo or mixed?
Flux
Leet

Post by Flux »

It's mixed really so far anyway, you can solo well or do even better in teams. But I suppose I will need to wait till levels beyond 20 to really see how things go. I like it a lot so far though.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

it is a good game but has a few serious bugs that needs to be fixed which are the auction house is flawed " you buy stuff but you don't get the stuff even though you paid for it " and second Aion has a vital file that it needs to use to run but most antivirus programs pick it up as a trojan and game crashes...
------------------------------------------------------
Flux
Leet

Post by Flux »

Well, I am running it on Windows 7 and my sons are running it on Vista Business 32 bit, and we have not experienced any problems whatsoever. I have been using the auction house and get everything I purchase and well as get money for the things I sell. I use AVG for AV, and haven't experienced any issues with it either.

It ran stable all weekend, no crashing or bugs to speak of that I could see. I am sure there will be, there always are issue with games, but for now, it seems really nice. :)
Flux
Leet

Post by Flux »

Aion is crap...played it for about 5 months and got really tired of the horrible community and especially the Korean way of MMO...they seem to think that RMT is no big deal...Aion was basically ruined by it. I cancelled my account.... Not sure if I will be playing AO...keeping my accounts though and I will wait and see if they make some much needed upgrades and changes.

Right now I am playing Fallen Earth. http://www.fallenearth.com

:) hope you all are well :)