Discover A Secret World

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Discover A Secret World

Post by Mophro »

Congratulations! You are now a member of The Secret World gamer community. The official community of gamers for Funcom's upcoming modern-day MMO is divided into three different groups based on the three secret societies that are represented in the game: the Illuminati, the Dragon and the Templars. All members of the official The Secret World community are urged to choose an affiliation by taking this initiation test.
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Chrisax
President

Re: Discover A Secret World

Post by Chrisax »

Cough cough Mop :roll: Did you miss something on AP private forums 5 weeks ago?! Hint hint...

05 Sep 2009 08:33 p
The Secret World (II) - Evil approaching
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 64&p=41243
"But why should we be afraid... Paladins and Dragons have tight bonds in History... and we master Magic, swords, and fire weapons as well..."
And congratulations... Yours is not the path of Force but you'll have the Force to clear the path...
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I understand.... #-o They started the email campaign to get names from which they will pick beta-testers when it's ready to be beta tested (it's pre-alpha now, so no rush...). #-o You received it and made the test and saw you were a good candidate from the Dragon faction. Well... I told you in September... Regardless of the results of the "test", which is mostly for the fun, the spirit of the Paladins is close to the spirit of the Dragon. Hmmmm... Dragpalgondins? Paldragdingons?

OK, OK, got it.
butrkup
Strong Leet

Post by butrkup »

I am dragon tooooooo! :cool:

...and I just posted about this tooooooooo :biggrin:
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

By the way, you can be what you want in the game, regardless of the results you got in the test.

I could give you all the answers to be a specific faction. At the moment, I'm not going to do that but:
  • If you answer like a Jedi Knight (with a little bit of Dark Side though) would do

If you answer like Kwai Chang Caine (in the 30 years old vintage Kung Fu original series) would do but a bit more "destroy"

If you play Clan and not Omni but are able to team and see the good in some Omnis

If you favor essence over appearances but know how to use appearances to impress others when necessary

If you favor wisdom but master force to serve wisdom

You'll be Dragon
(Why do I feel like the above sounds like something by Rudyard Kipling?!)
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

The answers to my quiz did not direct me to the Dragon Faction. :shock: I will let you guess at which it thought I should be #-o

I did then pick Dragon ofc :)
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Illuminati probably? Quite an interesting faction, if it was not for the selfishness.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Discover A Secret World... of more Funcom BS!

Im sorry but unless they get on there knees and... *ehem* do a back flip... Im only willing to shill out to AO, and that is starting to limit myself after this last debacle.

Anyways, one can only hope that the game has the same complexity as AO and it not all OMG NOWAI PRETTY COLORS! It can be both! Hell SW:ToR will have FULL voive over, imagine that in a FC game!... wait they did

*hides copy of "The Longest Journey"*
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I got dragon but when i tried to use it the anmation didnt fit in the window so when it came time to choose a faction i couldnt select anything. Will maybe try at home.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Blah blah blah.... What weapon you want? Sword = Dragon Hehe 8)

I did the test prob need to DL Beta vertion.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Actually you can perfectly be Dragon and use a machine gun in-game. Factions are extremely open and are more about philosophy than weapons.

Selecting sword won't make you a Dragon. Each question has 3 answers; each answer gives you a point for a faction. Then the test results are based on the faction you got the more points in.

But some questions are on purpose misleading, and some factions sometimes have close answers.

For example both Illuminati and Dragon are not impressed by symbols but for very different reasons: Illuminati are disillusioned and cynical while the Dragon seeks the truth and the essence of things instead of relying on appearances.

Both Templars and Dragon believe in Mankind but Templars think Mankind will necessarily prevail while the Dragon thinks that Mankind can prevail if Mankind can restore the Balance first.

Now, let me say it again: there is NO such thing as a Beta at the moment. The game is in pre-alpha condition. What FC is doing is creating a "buzz" and gathering a community large enough to be able to pick beta-testers from it when the time has come.

I'll tell you more some day soon, maybe on private sections of the forum BTW. :wink:
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

I got dragon too, which was odd I was since I expecting to be Illuminati :P

Try reading the what-weapons-do-you-want-to-see-thread on the forums btw. So many suggestions, and a lot of them will probably be ingame too. Personally I think I want to use AR or pistols, although a AA12 + magic would kick some ass too :P
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.