Taking a vote

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Taking a vote

Post by Elrojo »

OK so here's a question and a vote.

1) has anyone used/got the apple iPad?? If so what's it like, is it super cool, handy etc?? I have a laptop which has the net via a wireless router and it goes fine. My phone is a nokia n900 and so i can check emails etc using it if i couldnt be bothered with my Latop. I also have an ipod which i rarely use. Would I like the iPad?

2) The vote is that i'm getting a 16gb iPad free through some promotion at work. So if i wouldnt like the ipad i'd use it for a present for my yonger Bro's 16th. Is it ok to "re-gift" a free gift? Given that I would normally have to buy something is it ok that i give someone something that I got for free and if I do am I obligated to tell them I got it for free?

Vote away peeps
Mophro
Giant Leet

Re: Taking a vote

Post by Mophro »

I have an iphone. I like it a lot.
I assume the ipad will be just as cool.
If it will/can be a laptop replacement? I dont know. Im guessing that largely depends on what you do with it.
I am very curious about experiences others can share.
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

COOL: The machine itself is interesting and even impressive, although it's mostly at the moment a wonderful "oh my God I must have it to look cool" gadget. No one knows what the future will be for this kind of product and how they will evolve. Still, it's a great technical toy and achievement. For some very specific applications, it can be quite a unique solution.

NOT COOL: What I totally dislike is the fact Apple (and Steve Jobs) totally control the content and applications (and applications mentioning/from the competition), as never even Microsoft or Intel controlled something (maybe they wished... but never did), forcing artists and developers to sometime self-censor themselves. (Among many other cases, the recent "comic strip" adaptation of James Joyce's classic Ulysses http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/ju ... apple-ipad - warning: (very minor) male frontal nudity.)

MY WISH: a something-like-an-Ipad but as open as a PC. [-o< :wink:

As for your brother... I would be happy to receive such a gift, and if you feel embarrassed because you didn't pay for it, then add a big box of chocolates you bought! :D
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

iPAD - VOTE YES!
Re-gift - VOTE YES (it's a iPAD and does not meet the 10.00 re-gift embarrassment standards

I have spent hours on the iPAD and enjoyed it. I did not purchase because i was waiting for the data connection technology and now its out, but not always easy to find.

iPAD FTW! =D>
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Here is another review:
http://boingboing.net/2010/03/31/a-firs ... -ipad.html

1 - Havent used it, not available in SA yet.

2 - Give it as a present, no worries there its an Ipad ffs lol

P.S I wouldnt buy one though.... Apple is full of BS.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Hundfu
Leet

Post by Hundfu »

I GOT iPAD .. !!!!!!!!!!

It is awesome .. !! VERY awesome .. ! Handy for sure .. ! And so much easier to just take the iPad on the bio instead of draging along the laptop .. !

But yes! Buy one! You won't reegret!

It works pretty much like an computer with a few minuses and a few pluses ..

It dosen't have Flash plugins or Flash at all .. That's a bit minus

Have you seen how it works?! That's a big plus

But yah! I like my iPad alot .. My GF even got jealous, because I took it with me, when we're gona go to sleep .. :O
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I vote regift.

iPAD = great present for someone else, stupid item to depend on.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln