Need RL helpz

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Need RL helpz

Post by Elrojo »

Hellooo people,

OK so an aged care facility I service is looking for air fresheners or scents that are more "homely" smells like fresh bread, coffee, etc not crappy flower smells like lavender.

Stipulations are that they are not candles, inscence (sp?), heat coils etc due to the risk of burning. Something "cheap" or refillable is best. Like the plug-in "glade" style where they spray a mist or w/e.

But if there is something like that in your country please provide a link. So far i'm stuck!

helpz
Kosstoss
Big Leet

Re: Need RL helpz

Post by Kosstoss »

Not sure if this is relevant hope it helps.

http://www.scent-id.eu/2009/headline_st ... emind-you/
Never underestimate anyone who is smiling.........
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

I buy these on the shelf at my local stores... wal-mart, home depot, lowes, etc....

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Filter-Freshe ... B00067IVE4

attach to the filter, run the A/C and the fresh smell blows across the house... no candles, fires, ashes, etc...... just a filter attachment

I hope this helps in your quest...
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

thanks guys.

That air filter one i cant see only see cinamon. But the picture has many different colours. I cant seem to find the original company website to see if there are others available. I also saw a french coffee diffuser. keep the good ideas coming!
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

I don't like cinnamon.. i normally try for ocean breeze or fresh pine...

to find the pads.... see this
http://www.nordicpure.com/pages/store_i ... agesize=10

the manufacture..... http://www.webproducts.com/Detail.bok?no=42
(& some of the reviews via the world wide web say they don't last long? I have had some last a while and some not last at all? I don't know if i got used to the smell or the fragrance was garbage? A lot of people recommend warmers and scented oils)

to make you own.... see this
http://www.ehow.com/way_5718178_homemad ... ilter.html

give the older people a project and have them make some?
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

You might have a look at these

https://scents4pawz.scentsy.us/Home
I haven't lost my Mind, it's backed up on a disk Somewhere.

TealcDragon
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Over here in Deerfield, there is a company that deals with candles, and oh boy a ton of candles. I mean you name a scent, they have made it into a candle! YOu open the door to the place at any given time and you get punched in the face with smells!

Well good news is that they also have non candle versions of all there scents in your run of the mill "plug-in" device.

could check them out:
Yankee Candle Co.
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thanks guys.

Tealc's ones are the Go I think. We are considering getting these in for a gift line in store.
Problems:

1) is the difference in wall socket from Aus -> US, need to get an adaptor (easy to do but adds to bulk and reduces the aesthetic appeal.

2) shipping to Aus, is it possible and is it going to be cost effective.

3) is it sustainable

4) could the bricks be used in conventional aromatherapy device

Do any of you know any shipping companies that go aus -> US
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:Do any of you know any shipping companies that go aus -> US
US to Aus you mean, I assume?

If the company can't really send you directly their products, there is always the last chance solution:

http://www.shipito.com/

This service will provide you with a US address to give to the company you buy from. They will then forward the goods to you, at your real address worldwide. (What you do must be legal, of course.)

It works well and it's not too expensive but I can't say how it is in your case, depending on the amount of your orders. I found shipito.com when I was struggling with companies that want to restrict some sales to the US market only (Microsoft, some DVDs, various specialized programs, etc.), and it works well.
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

Rojo we are looking into the shipping as the company does ship orders directly to customers in the US we are hopeing the same goes for international orders. We will e-mail you with what we find out. :D and yes the blocks can be used in other aromatherapy devices that melt it.
I haven't lost my Mind, it's backed up on a disk Somewhere.

TealcDragon
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

cheers boss. I assumed there would be places, just too lazy/busy to find em. I'll check it out. I guess we have to look at how many we order. i.e. $30 shipping over 30 units is extra $1 per unit, which is good. $100 shipping over 30 units = $3 per unit, which is bad.

Tealc that would be uber if you can find out. I emailed that furyfubarpawz@aol or w/e is was. My email is nbuete01@gmail.com if you find out before i find out. We'd be looking to get in something like 15-20 plug in units. About 3-4 of maybe 10-15 of the bars and probably 50(ish) of a selection of the hangers.

I decided maybe to skip the warmers, but even if you add in the currency exchange and shipping they come in cheaper than buying the ones here. PLus i think its easier to sell them as a pack. The idea is to be able to sell the units for $19.95-$24.95 and the blocks for $9.95. Not a bad xmas pressie.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Tell the director of that home care facility to wake up and get real.

if you want it to smell like home baked bread, BAKE SOME.

if you want it to smell like coffee and homely smells, MAKE SOME.

idiots. you work for idiots rojo.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Noobs please rethink your post

Aged care facilities to do not have the resources or time to buy a bread maker and the ingredients and then bake bread daily. They also CANNOT brew fresh coffee in every residents rooms OR leave a coffee brewer in a main room due to the risk of burning. You must remember that many suffer dementia and will touch things and burn themselves.

Aromas are used therapeutically for dementia patients as it calms them and reminds them of familiar things. The olefactory centre of the brain that keeps memories also stores other sensory functions. This is why you think of home when you smell bread, or think of the first kiss when you hear a song. Demeter.com has hundreds of scents including Dirt... yes dirt, for that very purpose.

An oil diffuser for a fresh bread smell for 12 months would cost $80/annum. A room spray is roughly $15/quarter. A fraction of the cost of buying a bread maker and the ingredients.

If it were that simple they would do it.

The 2nd point of the post was to get these things in store. If you told a real estate agent that they could have a fresh bread or coffee spray they can take with them and spray a room before a walk-through as opposed to needing to brew a pot in each house what do you think they would prefer.