busy day

The only place for non AO-related topics.
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

busy day

Post by Ceokittymeow »

Well im on my cell phone talking to you guys. Had a busy day with cleaning all the uneeded stuff and pulling in the a/c's from the windows for the seasons end. Stupid me as my back was killing me soon after. Good news for the day is that I have been on a diet for a week and a half now per order of the doc and have lost 5 pounds! I made tuesdays my free day and am at the inlaws and treating myself to some BBQ. Heres to losing another 5 pounds this incoming week! Also please keep up with my incharacter rp blog for my engi I rolled at http://gearboxjournal.blogspot.com
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: busy day

Post by Rulzern »

Nice work on the diet man! :D
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

good work on the diet.

my few tips are:

1) exercise in the morning rather than evening. Mornings you will be more fresh to work out harder, it makes you feel better for the rest of the day and you will be more likely to eat healthy as a result.

2) Sustainable weightloss is only from controlled loss (1-1.5Lb/week) and from making gradual lifestyle changes. No massive "cabbage only" diets etc since as soon as you stop the diet you will put back on the weight

3) Green coffee bean and/or chromium picolinate can help to burn fat without the caffeine and also reduce cravings by regulating blood glucose levels.

4) like smoking cessation, dont be too hard on yourself if you lapse for a bit

5) GOOD LUCK :)
Kosstoss
Big Leet

Post by Kosstoss »

Most of Rojos points were excellent but im going to have to disagree with point 1.

I went on a diet about 2 years ago and lost a lot of weight and while researching exercise while dieting the overwhelming concensus was that exercising in the early evening was the best time as :-

1) you could gauge how much exercise was necessary due to calorific intake etc
2) your muscles were looser due to the rigours of the day
3) it promoted longer and less troubled deep sleep
Never underestimate anyone who is smiling.........
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Depends on personal preference IMHO.

I find jogging in the morning is a fantastic way to start the day, while I prefer doing my more intense workouts in the afternoon (but not too late).
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Good points Rulz and Koss.

In Aus, the general opinion is that most people grossly underestimate their energy intake and generally overestimate their energy out put. Which is why so many people say "i eat well but i just can't lose weight", usually they have to finish their mouthful of pies and cream to say it.

So I never trust that someone will be able to adjust their work out based on food. Secondly people will say "i'll have that mars bar and then i'll just work out for an extra 30 mins". But they never do. Also due to the general busy lifestyles of most people here, by the time it gets to the PM they are so tired they postpone.

But what ever works for you is the best.

GJ kossy on weight loss.

Currently I am trying to lose about 5-10Kg of untoned flab and put it back on as lean muscle. Its a pretty tricky thing to do when I work 10hrs a day, 5 days of the week.

We should all by iPods and Nike run thingos and have an AP mile-a-thon!!
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Post by InsaneEvan »

It's best if you find a form of exercise that's a total body workout, for example rock-climbing or some form of martial arts. Even Tai Chi is good, though loads of people underestimate it.
I've been climbing for 3 years and I've never been so in shape.

If there isn't an indoor centre in your town then I'd say swimming is your best bet. Not just lengths of breaststroke either, find a decent workout program that builds up.
5 seconds of searching and I found this:
http://swimming.about.com/od/trainingpl ... Yards_.htm
Which (at first glance) looks like a fairly easy one.

If you want to brutalise yourself, then try this:
1x length of each stroke. 30 secs rest.
2x " " " ". " " ".
3x " " " ". " " ".
4x " " " ". " " ".
5x " " " ". " " ".
4x " " " ". " " ".
3x " " " ". " " ".
2x " " " ". " " ".
1x " " " ". " " ".

It's a 100 length pyramid. When I swam for my local club, our coach gave us this.
I couldn't lift my arms properly for the next 2 days.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

Crossfit!!

nuff said :luv:
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter