G15 issues

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

G15 issues

Post by dpidcoe »

So I woke up this morning and my G15 seemed to be working fine, then all the sudden it stopped. The only keys that worked were q, a and z, s would type a ' after it and o seemed to be sending an alt key as well the o. I reinstalled the software, removed/reinstalled the keyboard a bunch of times and it's still not working. Then I plugged it into my other computer running vista and the same keys seem to be broken. Some others work intermittently (i, k,j and m) but the rest do nothing at all.

To be it seems like a physical problem with the cable or keyboard circuitry, but it's strange that it would happen out of the blue like that.

Anyone have any ideas before I start harassing logitechs tech support and go crazy from using my crappy backup keyboard with a broken spacebar?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Had it too with my uh.. nameless keyboard... thingy... that was a few years old though and had to endure a few cups of hot chocolate/tea/lemonade :D

I washed it (screwdriver'd it open, pulled off all keys, put in bucket w/ washing stuff, let it dry a day or so, and put it back together.).

It works again now AFAIK, but I still didn't assemble it totally as I broke a part off my spacebar. Now if you push the left side of the spacebar, the spacebar key jumps up and you get no space ^^ So I have to fix that using second-glue or however you call it in English.

That keyboard was old though and didn't matter if it died. I would go for the safe way if you still have warranty on the KB, and harass logitech :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

I'll start talking with their tech support sometime tonight. What gets me though is this happened out of the blue. Nothing was spilled on it, no visible reason why it shouldn't be working.

I messed with it some more and got a list of keys that work:

Code: Select all

`           7                   <numlock> / * 
    <tab> q       i             
<capslock> a      j k    <enter> 
            z      m  . / <rightshift> 
              <rightwindowskey> <rightmenukey> <rightcontrol> 
edit: fixed spacing in the code tags
Last edited by dpidcoe on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docksider
Big Leet

Post by docksider »

wierd, mine sometimes stop working on the 0 button but that is it
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

my e-mail to logitechs support team:
customer David Pidcoe wrote:90% of the keys on my G15 suddenly stopped working. They press down fine but the computer receives no input from them. This happened very suddenly and the keyboard gave no signs of trouble beforehand. There's no visible damage to the cord, usb connector, or keyboard and nothing was spilled on it. I suspect a hardware issues since I've tried installing/reinstalling the keyboard and drivers on three different computers running windows 2000, windows XP, and windows vista, the problem is consistent on all three. I attached a text file showing what keys still work in case that might be helpful for diagnosing the problem.
and the reply:
Vincent P. from logitech support wrote:Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Support. My name is Vincent and I will be assisting you with this case.

As I understand it, you are having an issue with your G15 keyboard where the keys are not being registered properly. If this is not correct, please let me know.

Brian, before I proceed further, may I ask that you test the keyboard on another system. This would help us to know where the issue lies. Do not install the software as I would like to test with the native drivers.

Please get back to me regarding this issue. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Vincent
I really hope they just mixed up e-mails and I didn't get stuck with an illiterate tech person :/
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

dpidcoe wrote:As I understand it, you are having an issue with your G15 keyboard where the keys are not being registered properly. If this is not correct, please let me know.

Brian, before I proceed further, may I ask that you test the keyboard on another system. This would help us to know where the issue lies. Do not install the software as I would like to test with the native drivers.
Lol lol lol :twisted: L2R stupid service guy!

Logitech mustve hired fired funcom employees :roll:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Umm lol thats lame didnt he even get your name wrong.....

still got warranty? return "swop out pls" new 1 ftw
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Alphacenta wrote:Logitech mustve hired fired funcom employees :roll:
Funcom don't fire employees, they just move them to AO QA department.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Mardonge wrote:
Alphacenta wrote:Logitech mustve hired fired funcom employees :roll:
Funcom don't fire employees, they just move them to AO QA department.
LOL, yup
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

update:

So this was the last message I got from them:
Hello David,

Thank you for the requested information.

David, I have recently submitted a RMA request for your G15 gaming keyboard.

As for the proof of purchase, Logitech do have an alternate option for customer who do not have the proof of purchase. Kindly do send the faulty G15 gaming keyboard to the following address where this will serve for verification -

//address & RMA number removed

Should you require further assistance or clarifications, please let me know as I will be happy to assist you.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Vincent
Logitech Technical Support
www.Logitech.com/support
this was on october 15th, I sent in the keyboard a few days later and was told by the post office it should be there no later than october 26th. The support ticket closed and I got no reply so I don't even know if they received the thing or not, I included contact info and all that on a note inside the box and the return address was clear. I just reopened the ticket today to see if they can give me some info.
dpidcoe
Strong Leet

Post by dpidcoe »

another update:

I finally called logitech to ask about the RMA status. I tried a few times before but got frustrated after being on hold for 30 minutes or so. This time not only did I get through right away (no hold time at all) but I talked to someone who actually SPOKE COHERENT ENGLISH! He told me they had received my keyboard but got back ordered on g15s somehow and I could expect the replacement to come in about 2 weeks.
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Check this out:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keybo ... /&cl=us,en
Scroll down and look for G15 and G11, they are different now :roll:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Only 6 programmable keys on the new G15? Pfft. WTH they thinking?

I regularly used all 18 of my "1st generation" G15's programmable keys in AO.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde wrote:Only 6 programmable keys on the new G15? Pfft. WTH they thinking?

I regularly used all 18 of my "1st generation" G15's programmable keys in AO.
:?!:

:protest:

:burst:

Totally stupid... Time to buy a container of old G15...

...BTW I've heard that FC's devs that made the Ofab debuff bracers have been fired and found a position at Logitech's.... could this be related?
Lostyouth
Strong Leet

Post by Lostyouth »

i got the new G15 keyboard, its better than the first edition...the first edition was very disappointing quality-wise for such a high price...after 4 months it was already half-black....but new one is way better

personally, i didnt use all programable keys...only used them for photoshop and c4d, but not for any game, so i didnt really put much attention to it on my rating. for those who need more programable keys its a step backward tho
<b>Lostyouth</b> Level 220 AI 27 Enforcer
<b>Contor</b> Level 220 AI 21 Shade