If you upgraded to Firefox 3.5 and its is very slow to start

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

If you upgraded to Firefox 3.5 and its is very slow to start

Post by Chrisax »

There is a design flaw or bug in Firefox 3.5 that may cause very long starting times (up to several minutes) on many systems. This is now acknowledged by the FF team and a fix should be released around mid-July (?).

In the meantime, here are some tips that MAY help you. No guarantee though. The main tip is to clear temporary Internet files.

https://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_f ... &forumId=1
(The first post.)
core
King Size Leet

Re: If you upgraded to Firefox 3.5 and its is very slow to start

Post by core »

Many people upgrading firefox from 3.0.x to 3.5 had such problems at some point moz folks even admitted that the profile used with the former version of the browser could become garbled during the upgrade.

The real problem tho was Jit and the vulnerability which is fixed with 3.5.1 so if you haven't upgraded yet do so straight to 3.5.1 to bypass bigger problems.

Overall a pretty good browser the new firefox I must say despite of the flaw in Jit.

Now if they incorporate chromium's engine (which they are planning) it will be top dog again.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Core! :D Good to see you and see you have not forgotten us! Remember you said you'd be back when the new engine is up :twisted: ... damn you got some extra months due to the change of engine. #-o

About Firefox, the 3.2.1 update fixed the loading times for me, and it seems it did the same for everyone.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

idd work is keeping me busy but how could I ever forget you guys :)
hope to see you all sooner rather than later say hi to everyone not reading "boring IT" posts from me ;)
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

That's why you never close down Firefox. :D (got like 15 tabs open hehe)

Offt topic: and, Adcore. Get yooo lazy ass over here again. ;)
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

cheers kila :)