Windows 7

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
caveman
Maxi Leet

Windows 7

Post by caveman »

Any pre-ordered there's yet....i did at play.com for £49.99...the following day it went upto £79.99
------------------------------------------------------
Chrisax
President

Re: Windows 7

Post by Chrisax »

Pre-orders pages were down fast on MS shop due top the number of connections and went up again just to say it's over.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Lucky for me my employer sells stuff that has to run on Win7 ... I think I'll get all my licenses free :)

That said, I find it funny all the hype over Win7 and all the hatred for Vista. While Win7 may optimize some of the workflows to activate some things, the core of Win7 is ... Vista. Very little under-the-hood changes really took place. Some that will affect gaming, some that affect default permissions. But that's it. And much of them could be done on Vista by reading some HOWTOs.

Vista didn't suck at the technological level, it just didn't do a good enough job making life easy on the casual user.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

What I really missed on Vista (and still do miss on Windows 7) is the ability to move the entire Users folder out of the system drive and onto a different physical harddrive.

Luckily, this guide: http://joshmouch.wordpress.com/2007/04/ ... -in-vista/

Seems to work on Win7 too still.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
caveman
Maxi Leet

Post by caveman »

True Hyde........

u must admit u like the boot up time, my pc boots up in half the time compared with vista, response time so much quicker
------------------------------------------------------
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

There is no comparison whatsoever in the "out of the box" experience between vista and win7.

Win7 is what vista should have been when they came out ofc most of you guys stayed with xp and missed all the
growing pains until sp2 was out, it took them all this time to really fix vista which is 3 years of beta testing really.

Imo for people that went through all the trouble to buy and beta test vista for all this time, win7 should be free of charge. :)

Then again who am I to talk I get my microsoft OSs for free like doc because of work.