new pc suggestions

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Re: new pc suggestions

Post by Chrisax »

Intel just released new series. Let me check that and compare with AMD Ryzen.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

I have been looking at amd , thing is need to get a much more exspensive mb that handles gen 3 and would have to have internal ssd

was looking at AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is 217€

memory Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

not sure whats diffrance between 4 x 8gb or 2 x 16b other then price ?
I guess its faster with 4 of them
:apc:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Before I tell you my ideas, can you tell me where you're going to buy from or where I can easily find the prices in your country.

Because some vendors put Intel extremely close to AMD prices. And that changes everything.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Will be from amazon Spain , seems to be cheapest
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

OK so I can look now and be sure of the relative prices of Intel and AMD where you are. :)

Yes, prices on Amazon will likely be among the lowest, not always but most often.

God thing with Amazon is the very open return policy so even if you buy from the marketplace you have little to fear if there is an issue.

I'll check for your stuff tomorrow, with Amazon Spain prices.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Wont be ordering before 19/20th of june so have time
fuze
Giant Leet

Post by fuze »

Chrisax wrote:OK so I can look now and be sure of the relative prices of Intel and AMD where you are. :)

Yes, prices on Amazon will likely be among the lowest, not always but most often.

God thing with Amazon is the very open return policy so even if you buy from the marketplace you have little to fear if there is an issue.

I'll check for your stuff tomorrow, with Amazon Spain prices.
If you don't buy directly through Amazon, they have issue with scammers faking companies, employees, and reviews. And, you never get your product. Had that happen with a UPS. I eventually got my money back, but it was a hassle. And, they play like they are doing you a favor for returning your stolen money and hint they will only do it so much. Also, you can't do much but email the sender via Amazon and wait an extra week to make sure it doesn't show up before filing for a refund. When it was already late on promised delivery. Could be a US thing. Amazon is not a company I trust.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I agree I had that issue too.

It's usually companies displaying a very low price on an item and often located in Far East of China where you can create companies almost within minutes with no security. (I am NOT saying that all companies there are not reliable: most are honest.)

I assume that, during the time Amazon looks into the case and finally sends you the money back, it "feeds" the guy behind the company... and then with another company he does the same thing again, and so on.

(In UK, they always sent me my money back in case of an issue, very fast when it's Amazon; after an unsuccessful contact with the vendor if it's the marketplace).

Also, buy only from clear offers, with details, and at least decent language in regard to grammar, semantics, vocabulary. Check the models on the manufacturer's site as much as you can.

Basically, buy from Amazon itself, or for companies that are clearly identified and in your own country or a commercially reliable neighbor. I bought things for Germany or France for example without any issue.

After a while, you develop an instinct to post fishy offers. But I agree that recently scammers became more active.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

been looking at following but its abit over budget but not impossible

Intel Core i7-9700K Prosessor
Socket-LGA1151, 8-Core, 8-Thread, 3.60/4.9GHz, Coffee Lake Refresh needs a cooler @ 370€

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming 225€

HyperX Fury HX432C16FB3AK2/32 Memoria RAM DIMM DDR4 (Kit 2x16GB) 32GB 3200MHz CL16 RGB 159€

so total of 754€ but i would need a cpu cooler and a ssd if go for that on mb

other option with amd is

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 218€ or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 326€

ASUS Prime X570-P, Socket-AM4 230€

HyperX Fury HX432C16FB3AK2/32 Memoria RAM DIMM DDR4 (Kit 2x16GB) 32GB 3200MHz CL16 RGB 159€

Total of 607€ / 715€ + ssd drive 500gb 80€
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Well that's pretty close of what I was looking at for you.

It seems that I'll have a little slowdown on infernal work during 2 days or so, and I should be able to post mys suggestions.

BUT already, about the CPU cooler, as you're going for a nice CPU...

For almost 9 (yes nine) years I have been using an integrated Antec watercooling Antec Kühler H2O 920. And although I first installed its software, I realized that having the cooler working without software, just on its standard settings was just perfect if you don't go into overclocking. (The PC building thread was there http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =45&t=6715)
A review I posted at that time was interestingly from the same site as one I'll post below. https://www.eteknix.com/antec-kuhler-h2 ... ler-review

In the past years, Cooler Master got probably the best watercooling system but Antec just got back in town.

One interesting thing in the two new models is that (finally) the pump in in the fan part, and not in the CPU part: less weight on the motherboard, no vibrations on the CPU, ts socket, and the motherboard? And it's hard to spot something that could be a design flaw apparently. Plus, obviously, to get back in town, they decided to put the models on the market at a very reasonable price.

I put some links to reviews. I have written many reviews for the press (in photo and audio domains) when I was a student and a moment after, and I know that you always have to be cautious with reviews because I witnessed some really bad behavior. I also develop from my experience a sense for spotting reviews that sound valid, and I believe the ones below are.

Antec Neptune 240
Manufacturer's site: https://antec.com/product/cooling/neptune120.php
Reviews
https://www.eteknix.com/antec-neptune-2 ... er-review/

Antec Neptune 120
Manufacturer's site: https://antec.com/product/cooling/neptune120.php
Reviews
https://www.razorman.net/reviewshardwar ... ptune-120/
(Spanish. Google-translate it.)

I'll be back for CPUs/MBs and SDD. And for CPU fan if you wnat to go for a traditional fan.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

I looked at some tests and those i looked at AMD Ryzen 7 3700x came out better then intel i-7

Might go for that but not sure yet

wow this thread has 62093 views
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

so what im thinking but price went up abit :P

Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD4 - Disco duro sólido interno SSD de 1 TB (M.2 2280, 3D NAND, SATA) x 2 256€

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS - Placa Base Gaming AMD AM4 X570 ATX con PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 Dr. Mos VRM, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Aura Sync RGB, soporta Ryzen 3000
229€

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, Procesador con Disipador de Calor Wraith Prism (32 MB, 8 Núcleos, Velocidad de 4.4GHz, 65W)
325€

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - Kit de Memoria Entusiasta 32 GB (2 x 16 GB), DDR4, 3200 MHz, C16, XMP 2.0, Iluminación LED RGB, Negro
179€

So abit high price thenn planned could say 990€

the thing i am abit confused about. Dual PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2-spor supports upto type 22110 and has full support for NVMe SSD RAID

If anyone has suggestion on getting prices down with mb/ram/ssd m.2
I could go down to 500gb but when first run it like that would be nice to have loads of room

Was hoping to order Thursday/Friday
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If you go for Ryzen, new motherboards with the AMD B550 chipset just been released. From Asus, they all have "B550" in their name.

I'm so sorry to be late with my advice. You know I'm "busy" with many things ATM. I hope I'll be able to post here in the very next days.

You current choices are very good though.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

well maybe ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) would be nice and save almost 50€ and cut out 1 ssd will save 130€ more

so total price will be 812€
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Did a little change in plans on sdd 2 .
WD Black SN750 - SSD 500gb x2 for 176€

i have 2 x 240 ssd extra i can use for other storage if need + old hhd thats 2tb