Keypad macros and required delays if any

Many AP members are knowledgeable about computers. Ask questions and share your knowledge here. (Information are supplied without any guarantee. Do not open any URL or file not posted by someone you know.) (All users can read)
Asystole
Little Leet

Keypad macros and required delays if any

Post by Asystole »

Hi,
I've read the various posts regarding macros and found that the type of macros I want don't seem possible without a hardware device. I purchased the Razer Tartarus Pro macro keypad https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards- ... 44dac4ab7b for $99.99.
I want first and foremost to create a macro to heal me during a battle, so the macro's keystrokes include:
  • F1 (select me)
  • SHIFT+1 (for the correct hot bar)
  • 0 (the health/nano stim slot)
  • SHIFT+0 (return to my main nuke bar)
  • F1 (re-select my target)
My question is, without experimenting, how much time delay is required between each step so AO responds correctly? Thank you.
Chrisax
President

Re: Keypad macros and required delays if any

Post by Chrisax »

This depends on a lot of factors: your latency to the server ("lag" when it's bad), your hardware, your own play style possibly,...

Nevertheless, you should try something like 0.18s to 0.2s between 2 "keystrokes" (SHIFT+key being a single keystroke of course). This is roughly what you would do with your fingers.

Another solution would be, if the Razer allows it, to record your macro (or any series of keystrokes) "on the fly" by memorizing your typing, and then enter the macro edit mode and see what the delays are between the keystrokes. This would be your typical personal delay, and, so, it should be fine, and you can then try to possibly change it a bit, shorten it, etc.

I don't know if this is possible with the Razer. It was possible with the Logitech G13, a similar product that Logitech sadly and silently discontinued, as he did with its 18-programmable-keys keyboards.
Asystole
Little Leet

Re: Keypad macros and required delays if any

Post by Asystole »

I'll try that. Thank you.
The Tartarus does allows recording keystrokes and does display the delay between each stroke, which can all be played back.