Chrisax, Lmnox, Weric & West Athen Rangers 11 days before AP

Post here your best general pictures. (Post illustrations of specific topics, guides, technical questions, and such in the relevant forums/threads. No real life pictures here.) (All users can read)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Chrisax, Lmnox, Weric & West Athen Rangers 11 days before AP

Post by Alphacenta »

Lower left corner. Old times! :D Chrisax wasn't even in WAR yet there..

Screenshot is from the Black Sunday event where MPs protested.

More Weric and Chrisax here, around the middle of the screenshot (Weric the trox with stygian, Chrisax walking inside the Metaphysical Demon).

Some more pictures here, but no more APs on it.

PS: A little history lesson on the origins of our org for those who are confused - Chrisax and most of the founding AP members were members of West Athen Rangers. At some point, they split off from WAR and founded Athen Paladins on the watch tower in West Athen.. three of the founding members were Chrisax, Weric, and Lmnox.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: Chrisax, Lmnox, Weric & West Athen Rangers 11 days before AP

Post by Elrojo »

what was the protest?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

This was the Black Sunday March on Sunday, June 8, 2003. The first and ONLY mass public protest ever organized in AO (and I guess in any game), to protest against the situation of the MP profession: broken toolset, lack of good items and nanos, demons being too weak and making no sense for most of them compared to the Transcendent Enmity, ability to buff nanoskills nullified for MP themselves due to the requirement on MP nanos, pets nerfed in PvP more than one year before along with Curse of Chronos,...

This march took place on BOTH Rimor and Atlantean at the same time. We went from Hope (a symbol for what we expected) to Broken Shores (a symbol for the condition of our broken profession). But finally we headed to ICC due to people not being able to follow.

Cz (the forum person and community manager for FC at that time) logged on and said that was a long march indeed and that we had to cancel all those pets in ICC because they were killing the server.

It took years to get results after this march.

Note that at some point, if there are other pictures, you could maybe see Trussel, who helped us to found AP. (A Trox fixer in GA3.) He was at start on his low MP and during the parch in Mort, he switched to his 140ish fixer to protect lowbies.

Alphacenta wrote:Lower left corner. Old times! :D Chrisax wasn't even in WAR yet there..
Alphacenta wrote:PS: A little history lesson on the origins of our org for those who are confused - Chrisax and most of the founding AP members were members of West Athen Rangers. At some point, they split off from WAR and founded Athen Paladins on the watch tower in West Athen.. three of the founding members were Chrisax, Weric, and Lmnox.
Yes, but you missed an important detail on the pictures above: at that time I had no org name above me because I left W.A.R. two days before this public protest. Actually, the organization and the announcement of the Black Sunday was indirectly the reason why I had to leave W.A.R.

AP was founded 11 days after the Black Sunday, on June 19. :mrgreen:
(I modified the title of the thread to reflect this ;))
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

sooo coool!

Awesome history!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

I demand Chris "social" his Legacy gear! WTB pics of him all statuette-like in WA!
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Kosstoss
Big Leet

Re: Chrisax, Lmnox, Weric & West Athen Rangers 2 days before AP

Post by Kosstoss »

I was there to in GA3. Look for someone blue :) (Probably out of shot)

This was the time when starting another org that became AP came to fruition.
Never underestimate anyone who is smiling.........