Application - Narrator

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Narrator
Baby Leet

Application - Narrator

Post by Narrator »

Hey everyone, my name is Narrator and I would like to join Athen Paladins. I've been playing AO since shortly before Shadowlands launched, so not quite since the Beta like some, but pretty close to the beginning. I've always played off and on while playing other games, but no matter how long I may take a break from it, I'm sure I'll always find myself coming back to AO because I've always loved it, and there's just no other game like it!

Why do you want to join Athen Paladins?

Well I'm sure I could just say "Because I think it's a good active org that I'd like to be a part of!" and that is true, but there's a bit more to it than that for those who are curious.

I've attended multiple raids with you guys, and from what I've seen everyone in AP has been very welcoming and friendly. For example I met Nuukie and Falcon when they were helping kruptkille-1 complete the entire Arid quest line, so I hopped in the group and stayed until we all finished and they were literally only there to help, and that's a long quest line to help complete from the beginning lol. I was also at a 12m raid that Kimmy hosted, and I'm pretty sure it was Kims first time hosting a raid and leading it and everyone else there was from AP and they were being super helpful in teaching the process/commands etc. I also completed the Neretva quest line with Nuukie on his enfo Bigboah last week, and he was really helpful with our group in finishing that.

Also, actually just last night I bumped into Walktall who was at kite hill leveling his alt up and he invited me and got my keep all the way up to 170+ so I could get to Inf and start doing some mish's ^^ I honestly could list many more situations of people from AP I've leveled and raided with who have left a good impression. Overall though, everyone I've met from AP has represented the org very well and has been nothing but friendly. You have a very active raid schedule that I'd love to be more present in and right now I'm returning to AO after a very long break, so to be a part of a really active org like yours just makes logging in all that much more enjoyable. Right now I have a MA, and I just recently rolled a keeper that will actually be able to be more useful in the raids outside of just pure DPS like the MA is, and I plan to level up a Sold next.

You also seem to have a good mixup of experienced and new players with a big roster so there's always someone on regardless of the time. Which I really appreciate actually because I'm in PST time zone and sometimes I'm on pretty late when the servers are rather empty. I also try to be on during more active times, but ya I really can't think of a reason I wouldn't want to join AP, I know it's a great org and I would feel fortunate to be a part of it ^^

TLDR - Because I think it's a good active org that I'd like to be a part of xD

My time zone is US PST or -8 GMT I'm usually online in the morning & nighttime

I fully agree to your COC (listed here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69)

Include ALL your characters side: I've always been Clan since the beginning. For those of you reading this who started playing AO after they unfortunately took out the original cinematic that used to play when you started up the game, it was pretty hard to watch that and NOT roll Clan :P Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it. I Highly recommend watching it if you haven't! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKJM0v ... nel=zschhh

Characters:

Narrator - Martial Artist 220/23/75 Clan
Aurakeeper - Keeper 170/7/40 Clan (Currently leveling to 220)
Tomshelby - Soldier (Brand new, next in line xD)

I've obviously had more characters over the many years I've played, but before just recently it's been many many years 'since' I've played... lol, so these are my current active characters that I'm working on now and if you haven't already I look forward to meeting you ingame.

Thanks for checking out my app and reading it if you did, I know there was.. a lot xD But hey my name is The "Narrator" :P (which is actually based off of Edward Norton's character in Fight Club btw)
falconwar
Maxi Leet

Re: Application - Narrator

Post by falconwar »

Hi Narrator

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

Wow! A very nice application =D> Thanks for the link regarding the Anarchy Online Classic Intro. I never saw it before and it is a another wow! Ans another thanks for you nice comments regarding the members of AP.

You already agreed with our COC listed below
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Ustarlen (RK5 & RK6)/ Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Narrator, thanks for posting as I asked you online. :)

We spoke quite a lot and I'll of course inform officers of everything.
Narrator
Baby Leet

Post by Narrator »

Sounds good!

By the way Falcon, I wasn't sure if I was going to post that whole response as to why I've always been Clan and include the old introduction video to the game etc, lol just seeing as how my post was already pretty long as it is xD

But I'm really glad that I did! I absolutely love that video, and I'm surprised you hadn't seen it! I was just hoping by chance there would be someone who hadn't and would stumble across the post and wonder what I was talking about and be curious enough to check it out, lol so I'm really glad that you saw it! I feel like every true fan of AO needs to watch that vid, I've always thought they did a really good job with it =D>