Application - Whisperwill

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Application - Whisperwill

Post by Whisperwill »

Hi, AP. I've recently come back after a few years of very occasional play. I'm a former President of Angels of the Night and player since 2003. I've had lots of great times raiding or PvPing with Athen Paladins. Sadly, AotN lost too many people over time, and I couldn't recruit enough to keep it going, so I'm especially impressed that you've been able to keep this org together for so long. I took a break after I ran out of money to keep the city going, but I couldn't stay away forever. I've been back for just a few days and have really enjoyed reclaiming my AO identity.

I'm happy to help people with whatever they might want to do. I would love to be able to do the Xan bosses, as I never was able to get a group together for those. I also would love to do some battle stations to try the new nanos. And I still have a few alien levels to go. I've heard they're a lot easier to get now, so ships are always welcome.

I'm not sure what my play time will be like yet, since I'm just getting back into it. I'm US EST and work 9-5 weekdays, although I might jump in during breaks. I'm pretty flexible, so I'll just see what you have scheduled and try to be around. Looking forward to getting to know you (again).
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Application - Whisperwill

Post by stokken »

Hi Whisperwill

I see youe online atm so will send a guestchat invite :)

Please make sure to read and agree to rules and coc
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... p?f=8&t=68
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... p?f=8&t=69

Any member can invite you to guest chat. You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can try Clan OOC to see if any AP members are on, or you can /tell an officer (some names below):

Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster GMT
Bellorum / Ustarlen / Ustar / Zanda GMT +12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughen / Reapermann (General) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Cratstorm / Drthunder / Masirxu / Stormeta /Stormforcer GMT
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Crazigank / Forsikring / Galehus / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Dedicated / Lendahand / Hammured / Shartris
Wiisper / Elisiss / Wiinurse / Ziiah GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Malosar / Malorawr / Malomech GMT -5

For returning players here is some info
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... f=2&t=3292
:apc:
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Post by Whisperwill »

Thanks! I agree with the rules and coc 100%.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I think Tlaski was in AoTN...?

He's around. And a good player of course. He was in AP for a while, but there's a possibility he's gone somewhere else.

I'll look into it for you... because I know the value of coming back and finding familiar faces.

Edit: He's in AP currently, was in Spartans for a brief period in 2015. Well to be honest I have no idea if he was in AoTN or not but whatever.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Post by Whisperwill »

Tlaski! Looking forward to seeing you again. Also, it's good to see that Wiisper is still around.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Whisperwill and welcome back! I -and many of us- remember AoTN from the old days :D Yes Wiisper is here and Malosar too, and we have several former AoTN members joining us over time.

Well.. enough nostalgia for the moment, let's meet you online and complete your invite to AP! :)
Tlaski
Growing Leet

Post by Tlaski »

/waves
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Post by Whisperwill »

Couldn't have asked for a better welcome. It feels so good to be back.
Blackvayne
Baby Leet

Post by Blackvayne »

:o its WW! hey there mate! Apokalypse1 here! (another fellow previous AotN) welcome back! :D
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Post by Malosar »

Hiya Whisperwill and Blackvayne, good to see some old names from AotN, great org from back in the days :) Wiisper and I have been fairly busy the last week or two with kids birthdays and other such things but we're definitely still around.
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Post by Whisperwill »

Apokalypse1 and Malosar! (But I should have guessed you'd still be around if Wiisper was.) I really chose the right place to go. I'm planning on being around pretty regularly and experimenting with bots too.

I write software, and there's a big push toward more intelligent chatbots now. I was thinking about how bot-heavy AO is, and it made me want to come back. I'm going to see if I can make a modern bot that can generate AO scripts for something that would be interesting in-game. Not sure how limited it will be yet, but it will be fun to experiment. Need to familiarize myself with tools already out there. If there's anything anyone always wanted a bot to be able to do, let me know, and I'll see what I can come up with. I was thinking of conversational guides and things like that.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Great to know you can contribute in bot stuff. :)

We will open a sepcial section for bot devs soon here but we have always been active with bots in AP, hosted clans wars and Tara bots for years before merge on Rimor, for example, and at the moment, we host the People of RK mirror that feeds Budabots.
Whisperwill
Mini Leet

Post by Whisperwill »

Those bots are one of the main reasons I wanted to join! They've been almost as much a part of the game as the game itself. I think it would be a lot of fun to help develop new bots.