Application for Jooney/Hobbsdude

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Jooney
Baby Leet

Application for Jooney/Hobbsdude

Post by Jooney »

Hello,

My name is Jooney and I was looking to see if you guys might have room for another player. I started playing Anarchy Online since early 2002 before even Notum Wars came out. I even remember when Athen Paladins was created, bit of a (not really interesting) story on that. I played steadily until before or around Alien Invasions release, which was around when WoW came out and got sucked into that. Since then I played here and there with a few years in between, never really getting back into the game because I could never find an active enough Org that is willing to help me get my bearings again. And since I see Athen Paladins guys almost everywhere, I figured this might be a good place to be.

Main reasons for coming back to AO is that it is a game that I feel like I have not completed. Still lots to accomplish for me in the game that I still think about and want to do. Also, after all these years, it is still one of the better built MMO games out there. Very grindy, but the rewards are worth it, unlike games like WoW where all that grinding gives minor improvements.

My two main characters are:
Hobbsdude 194 Engi
Joony 151 Fixer

Rest of my toons are below level 100 and have the name "Jooney" in it, but I really do not play them unless they happen to be of level for somebody else trying to do something.

I am Mountain Standard Time UTC -7, and usually online during the evenings.

I have read the COC and I agree to it.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Re: Application for Jooney/Hobbsdude

Post by Ustarlen »

Hi Jooney/ Hobbsdude

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP. Also welcome back to the game, it's nice to see old players coming back.

Thank you for you agreeing our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here for future reference:
The next step would be to join our bot as a guest to meet/team online. Any member can invite you to guest chat. You can usually find AP members hanging out at the Vanguards ramp next to the OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can try Clan OOC to see if any AP members are on.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a few days to contact you.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster (General) GMT
Bellorum / Ustarlen / Zanda (General) GMT +12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughen / Reapermann (General) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Cratstorm / Drthunder / Masirxu / Stormeta /Stormforcer GMT
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Crazigank / Forsikring / Galehus / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Dedicated / Lendahand / Hammured / Shartris
Wiisper / Elisiss / Wiinurse / Ziiah GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Malosar / Malorawr / Malomech GMT -5

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Ayxim
Mini Leet

Post by Ayxim »

Greetings and welcome to the AP forums, look forward to seeing you ingame. Good luck on the application. :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Hobbsdude ... Never thought I would see you again! :)

I met Hobbsdude back in 2002/2003 as we both were advisors in the West Athen Rangers before the creation of AP. All good.