Application for Nadyita and Sillywolf

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Nadyita
Baby Leet

Application for Nadyita and Sillywolf

Post by Nadyita »

Good evening,

we, Nadyita (me) and Sillywolf (my wife) are a German couple who's played Anarchy Online about 7 years ago on RK1 - mainly as froobs. After we dinged 200 and did about everything froob life has to offer (yes, there have been froob-raids back then), we decided to start getting paid accounts. For several reasons we had to take a rather long break from the game on short notice. We then drifted to playing Guild Wars 1 and 2, where we led guilds together until we also did everything the game had to offer back then.

So, after taking a break from Guild Wars, we decided that no game has fascinated us as much as AO and having fully switched to Linux in the meantime, found out that it runs rather well on wine. When we came back (around May this year), we had real problems playing our old characters. They were kicked out of their orgs (most of therm at least) and the "old crew" we used to do stuff with (and the orgs we were still in) wasn't around anymore. We agreed that it would be best to start with new characters to come back into the game and now that we've reached TL6 on our new main toons, decided once again that it was time to go paid. This is exactly when decided that we needed an organisation to help us grow and have fun together. As a froob, there's "froob200", a bot where froobs come together and do stuff (like raids, just helping each other out, etc.) and this has largely been sort of our replacement organisation. Lately, however, people are more or less mostly focused on doing dailies and not much stuff is done in a team. For the paid accounts, we would like to have a "real" org where we can do more as a group and not just my wife and me, because this way, a lot of fun and content will be missed.

We've heard lots of good things about the APs and we really like your Code of Conduct and wholeheartedly agree to it. We're both 38 years old, prefer mature language and behaviour and we would prefer to be invited both or not at all.

As for our alts, there's lots of them, so I'll just list the ones we've reactivated and played again so far:

Nadyita's Characters:
  • Pigtail (200, neutral froob Enforcer, member of Wolf Brigade)
  • Mememeta (190ish, neutral froob Metaphysicist, member of no org)
  • Voulezvous (150ish, neutral froob Trader, member of no org)
  • Regolus (125, neutral froob Agent, member of no org)
  • Alexandr4 (124, neutral froob Martial Artist, member of no org)
  • Piggyfix (115, neutral froob Fixer, member of no org)
  • Cafiolo (100, omni froob NT-kiter, member of Black Sheep)
  • Wrinkles (60, omni froob Metaphysicist, member of no org)
  • Abramo (55 neutral paid Enforcer, member of no org)
  • Rollerat (15, omni froob Trader, member of Black Sheep)
The Black Sheep is an org we founded 7 years ago as a haven for our non-neutral characters where we did some tower wars. Since we've left the game back then, the org is sort of dead and we're not planning to do tower wars with them. We use our twinks for subway, temple and kiting.

Sillywolf's Characters:
  • Orana (200, neutral froob Adventurer, member of no org)
  • Gralex (190ish, neutral froob Fixer, member of no org)
  • Urfin (180ish, neutral froob Engineer, member of no org)
  • Toffelon (176, omni froob Doc, member of no org)
  • Spena (151, neutral froob Doc, member of no org)
  • Byrend (95, neutral froob Meta Physicist, member of no org)
  • Kleeblatt (60, neutral froob Metaphysicist, member of no org)
  • Dandorik (15, omni froob Trader, member of Black Sheep)
Our application is about our clan characters Nadyita and Sillywolf (clan paid Soldier and Keeper, both around level 80), but if you have something like a daughter-org for neutrals, we'd happily put our neutral characters in there. As for the omni-chacters, we'd like to keep them the way they are. We're not really keen on changing sides and then twinking on the equipment once again and since we're not going to participate in tower-wars with them, that shouldn't be a problem.

We're usually online around 7:30pm - 11:00pm CE(S)T during the week and very likely during the morning-hours and afternoons on the weekends, depending on family plans.
Sillywolf
Mini Leet

Re: Application for Nadyita and Sillywolf

Post by Sillywolf »

Hello, this is Nadyita's wife. I also registered here and there is not much I can add to our application. I hope we find a new home in Athen Paladins for our paid toons. As Nadyita said, the froobs will stay neutral (except those Black Sheep, but that's why they are Black Sheep, right? :wink:).

Hope to see you ingame! :)
Reapermann
Leetissimo!

Post by Reapermann »

Hi Nadyita and Sillywolf,

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP. Thanks for reading and agreeing to our Code of Conduct.

The next step would be to join our bot as a guest to meet/team online. Any member can invite you to guest chat. You can usually find AP members hanging out at the Vanguards ramp next to the OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can try Clan OOC to see if any AP members are on.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a few days to contact you.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster (General) GMT
Bellorum / Ustarlen / Zanda (General) GMT +12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughen / Reapermann (General) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Cratstorm / Drthunder / Masirxu / Stormeta /Stormforcer GMT
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Crazigank / Forsikring / Galehus / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Dedicated / Lendahand / Hammured / Shartris
Wiisper / Elisiss / Wiinurse / Ziiah GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Malosar / Malorawr / Malomech GMT -5

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Nadyita and Sillywolf adn welcome to our forums :)

It's good to see old-timers, like many people in AP, coming back.

So, in addition to what Reapermann said, I will add that there is no issue with the fact you have Omni characters, as long as those characters do not join towers wars against Clans, or help against Clans in any manner. Based on your application, it doesn't look like you participate in wars, by the way.

It's OK you keep your Omnis on the Omni side, be aware though that changing sides is easier now that it ever was, especially for froobs who don't have Shadowlands factions.

Also note that AP welcomes paid accounts as well as froobs, and we do some froobs-friendly raids like Inner Sanctum and Mercenaries, for example, form time to time and in general support our froobs members.

For all the rest, let's meet online soon! :)
Sillywolf
Mini Leet

Post by Sillywolf »

Toffelon - Don't ask me why I made him omni. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea. I don't remember why, it is too long ago. I regret it. Sadly you can't change back to neutral. But I don't play him anymore, so it isn't important. I can change side but it doesn't make a difference on an inactive toon.

Dandorik - We made the level 15 twinks for towers (at low levels the difference between froobs and paid isn't that bad so a lowlvl twink was the only choice we had). It was lots of fun. But I don't want to change him to clan, because he has omni equipment and switching sides means to twink him all over again. It was too much work to twink him and I don't want to change anything about him and do all that work again, because he is just awesome the way he is. (And I will happily show everyone whoever is interested.)

My other froobs will stay neutral and I hope I can still join the froob-friendly raids with them even when they aren't in the org.
Sillywolf
Mini Leet

Post by Sillywolf »

We just tested switching sides on one of our omnis and realized you don't have to unequip anything to change sides! And all equipment work! That means, we can go clan on the twinks without losing anything. :D
Do you need level 15 tower twinks? :wink:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, you don't need to unequip or reset anything to change side. The only thing is that if you have an omni-only items on you, IF you unequip it after moving to Clans, you won't be able to equip it again. But you can now lock items to prevent an accident. And Omni-only items are less and less numerous as you level up anyhow.

Regarding low-level tower twinks, well yes, we always need :)
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

I dont belive anyone in org has tl1 twinks for towers , so would be a awesome
:apc:
Cyreidan
Growing Leet

Post by Cyreidan »

200 froobs so i say hell ofcource since im the one also ;)

and stokken i have ;)