Application: Squirrelman

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Squirrelman
Baby Leet

Application: Squirrelman

Post by Squirrelman »

Hello all,

I first started playing Anarchy Online back in 2004 according to my funcom account, it really feels like a lifetime and a half ago... I always played on and off since I was playing with my brother at the time. I haven't played the game since early 2011, I decided to try it out again during the recent event where old accounts were active for some time and I realized just how much I missed the game.

I started playing again and I'm having a blast, even if I have been playing by myself. I'm really enjoying it, but I can't help but feel that it would be even better to have some friends to play with, which is why I'm here.

I have looked around for orgs for a few days now and it just feels like your org is the one I would love to be part of. I'm currently playing a level 66 Martial Artist by the name Squirrelman, trying to remember everything - but a lot has changed. I decided to side with Clan this time around, something I have never done before. I feel like I've been missing out, I'm loving Old Athens!

Anyway, a little bit about myself, I'm a 27 years old guy from Sweden, I'm married and I have a son that turns 2 in September. I currently have a lot of time to play since I'm recovering from an injury (I busted my knee quite badly), and since my son just recently started daycare. The game has been great in that way, since it's been really tough on me sending him off to daycare. He recently fell and got a hairline fracture by the elbow, so the game helps me not go insane worrying about him all day long. ;)

I believe my time zone is UTC/GMT +2, as I'm living in Sweden. I'm usually online (on and off) somewhere between 1 PM to 11 PM on weekdays, and on and off all day during weekends. I try to spend as much time with my son as my knee allows, sadly I don't get to spend as much time playing with him as I would like due to the pain. I'm almost always online between 8 PM and 11 PM, after my son goes to sleep and my wife does her own thing. :)

I'm not quite sure what else to say, other than that this org seems great. I've only read good things about it.

I'd also like to apologize if it was difficult to read the post, sadly I've always had issues with grammar, but I hope I made myself clear enough for everyone to understand me.
Chrisax
President

Re: Application: Squirrelman

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Squirrelma, :) Welcome on our forums. Welcome back in AO too. You are among many others who regularly realize they miss the game, come back, and that we are happy to welcome in our family!

Your application was nice and not hard to read at all, don't worry.

To continue, the first step now is for you to take a minute and read our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations here and see if you agree with them:
Then, the second step will be to meet us online and, thus, to join the guest channel of our org bot.

Any AP member can invite you to guest channel. You can usually find AP members hanging out at the ramp of the big Vanguards building next to the OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can try Clan OOC to see if any AP members are on. But you can also contact one of the following officers):

Bellorum / Ustarlen / Zanda (General) GMT +12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughen / Reapermann (General) GMT -6
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Crazigank / Forsikring / Galehus / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Malosar / Malorawr / Malomech GMT -5
Wiisper / Elisiss / Wiinurse / Ziiah GMT -5
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Cratstorm / Drthunder / Masirxu / Stormeta /Stormforcer GMT
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster (General) GMT
Dedicated / Lendahand / Hammured / Shartris

Many of them are online around 20GMT for raids.

For time zones referred to above please see:
http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

Then, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, this may not be immediate but we'll do our best to do it fast. :)

See you in AO soon! :)

And uh... sorry to ask but are you in any way related to...

Sorry, I had to ask... :oops: