POH needing a PvP buff

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Errr
Mini Leet

POH needing a PvP buff

Post by Errr »

A returning player after 5 years finds all endgame players bored of POH. They have the phats and its a long dungeon.

Players need the motivation to play this and will at the same time pull other players along. Lets step up the pvp campaign for more in game content which is relevant to pvm..

Errr
Chrisax
President

Re: POH needing a PvP buff

Post by Chrisax »

the pvp campaign for more in game content which is relevant to pvm
Not sure what you're suggesting here. PoH would give a PvP buff that would make PvPers do more PvE in PoH?
Errr
Mini Leet

Post by Errr »

correct. This will make finding a team easier for players needing POH items and rewarding process for pvpers to run the dungeon. Much like 12m but a lot more boring.
Navian
Mini Leet

Post by Navian »

propably not for me to ask but ill ask anyway..

How do you propose to influence FC to take interest in AO? (lets face it, they show no interest - game is in "maintenance mode" as far as they are conserned)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Honestly what they need to do is add actual new content that supersedes the POH gear. Too many POH geared players benefited from the hacks of the past and it was ruined for the other players because the player base needing/wanting to run it was artificially depleted by the hacks.

At the same time, the game is fully in "no new content" mode, so they won't be adding a raid. But that also means they likely won't be adding a buff.
How do you propose to influence FC to take interest in AO?
I don't think you (plural) can accomplish this. FC is not the same company as it was when AO was made. It has gone through major revolutions in company perspective at least 4 times since then. The industry as a whole is close to abandoning the MMORPG concept with the exception of a couple of large cash cows (WoW, FFXIV, similar) and a few "make enough to keep the lights on until it doesn't" (AO for example). Most new MMORPGs that have attempted to get off the ground in the last 5-10 years have either died in the late concept phase or been repurposed as non-RPG MMO-light games (Overwatch for instance was originally going to be a full SciFi MMORPG).

The future of gaming money is currently going towards games that require far less involvement over a long haul in exchange for a quicker return from in-game purchases.

I think there's a glimmer of hope that VR platforms might create some decent immersive games, but no way will any company (much less FC) revive a game that is this old and this hard to support. AO server code was never well thought out but these days is flat out dinosaur level. I would be surprised if there are any employees left at FC that have the knowledge needed to add anything significant to AO.

A buff wouldn't be a big problem to add, I'm sure they have that level of experience left, but even that requires the willingness to add new content, debug it, and support it if there are any problems.