Introducing mki / Backinblack

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
mki
Baby Leet

Introducing mki / Backinblack

Post by mki »

Hello!

In RL i live in Germany, 52 yrs old.
if my english language skill may lack a bit... not enough IP spent there, sry!

Returning to Rubi-Ka after many years (i lived several years on DNW right after SL came out),
then having been here and there
and now i reactivated my both AO accounts after the anniversary.

Started an engineer again (currently 50), since support didn´t rename my legacy one - good chance for relearning some mechanics.

So you might see or have seen me in former times around mainly as:

Schmiermaxe 50, engineer - planned to become a decent tinkerer.
Backinblack MP 218 on her way to 220 - hope to pull the Rihwen out of the hat by end of August
Megadeal 149 - easy guessing what his prof. is ?
Shhht.... *sigh* omg Shade is a nightmare - she is sooo pretty, but hard to get comfortable with her
Gridhopper, Fixer, 61
Schmackes, Enforcer, 50 now (corrected from this morning)
plus several other twinks from ancient times - dunno if they will survive, maybe i´ll reroll some

All clanners btw...

What i like:
- Team PVM
- I would also like to join Team PVP, but i am THE master gimp O_o - do Tower wars still exist?
- polish and tweak around my toons and then boldly fail where no fr00b even died before :-D
- support profs
- i *love* tradeskilling. SWG (RIP) was the only MMO with a better approach there than AO
- giving and receiving that desperately needed buff to get that fu%&$!!! imp equipped ^^
- Progressive Metal. KNOWER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnEmD17kYsE. Leeloo and Yoshi, my cats. Steirischen Apfelstrudel. LOOT !
- the Athen Paladins Code of Conduct

I dislike:
missions full of dogs,
forgetting to close the skilll window b4 zoning AND THEN DIE *shit*,
WHOMPA disco´s,
deutschen Schlager, WOW, XBOX, APPLE and TESLA

online times: depend on my job, usually ~9pm to 2am or so GMT+1
depends on 2cats2sonswifehousegardensomebackpainprevsisterandmotherinlaw*eeeeek*

Hope this application shows a bit who i am...
cu on Rubi-Ka and in the Shadowlands!

mki
Last edited by mki on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chrisax
President

Re: Introducing mki - Backinblack

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Mki / Backinblack :) Welcome on our forums and welcome back on RK! :)

So I'm using Backinblack to give a character name to your application, as I suppose your 220 is somehow your "main". But starting a new engineer character to re-learn AO is indeed a good idea and the best way to do it.

Also, I see you registered a "Mki" account on Alliance forums (or that would be a weird coincidence). This account will be activated if you, in the end, join AP. We will rename it "AP_nameofyourmain", as per naming conventions for Alliance forums. :cool:

Your English is totally OK; don't worry.

So, thanks for reading and agreeing on our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines, as you said you "like" them. :)
And, now, the next step will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members hanging out at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !invite This is a temporary invite (you'll have to redo it next time you want to join the guest channel). When on guest channel please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application, and if an officer is available.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. So, as I said above, feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra / Corvettezr1 (General) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT (Me, but currently and for the first time in 18 years, real life forces me to be away for a moment)
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / AnothaoneGMT -5
Bonniedoom/Betadoom/Amagosa GMT -5 but online much more
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you online soon :)
mki
Baby Leet

Re: Introducing mki / Backinblack

Post by mki »

Yes- Backinblack literally is my main (buffing engine)

She still has 2 lvls to go for 220,
but she is not in a hurry after having slept for ~10 years now.

Thank you in advance for the renaming - i missed that naming convention thing,
sry^^ - lots of information read in short time.
mki
Baby Leet

Post by mki »

Hello,

somehow we couldn´t make it :-( you were so busy all the time.
I understand that and joined Valheru Ascendants now.

Hope to see you in the alliance 4 some decent teaming!

Cheers

Backinblack et alts
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

Hi

Unfortunatly we have a lack of officers atm and other applicants at same time .
I appologize for that and should not have happened :(

I wish you the best in VAL and we will see you in allianceraids
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

stokken wrote:Hi

Unfortunatly we have a lack of officers atm and other applicants at same time .
I appologize for that and should not have happened :(
I'm really sorry for the mishap, Miki, and it's extremely rare that we can't meet an applicant within 3 days. Actually, I can't even remember the last time this happened.

I regret you didn't post to inform us of the issue after like one day though, we would have done everything to catch you online. :(

Be well :)