Application for AP - Thorofanarchy - Thorsenfy - Thor

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Thorofanarchy
Baby Leet

Application for AP - Thorofanarchy - Thorsenfy - Thor

Post by Thorofanarchy »

Following the instructions on what an application needs to look like:

Hello my name is Thor and I would like to join Athen Paladins.

A little about myself. I am a returning veteran player and I've had many 220s, although I no longer have my accounts so I am starting anew. I played for nearly 10 years off and on. Last played in 2014. My time zone is GMT -5 and the hours I play change.

Reason I want to join: I am just returning from years away and need a good home to settle in with a friendly org for some AO nostalgia. A place where we can help each other. And simply be part of an org. It's boring playing without anyone to chat with. Otherwise I could play single player games.

My characters that I recently started. But with my knowledge of AO (albeit slightly outdated) I can level myself and be generally self sufficient:
Thorsenfy 70s Enforcer
Thorsdocy 70s Doctor
Thorcontrols 70s Bureaucrat
Thorsbuilder 70s Engineer
Thortrancend 70s MP
Thortrades 70s Trader

I do need to add something that people tend to have issues with. I'm a multiboxer, but I never ever multibox in pvp. This doesn't change the kind of person I am. I am still a friendly helpful person. This is simply the way I like to enjoy my pvm game time, and not have to always rely on others. If anything this can make me more helpful to others. My org I was in when I last played was kind of small and I was the one that got things done for people there. I just needed to add that because people tend to be salty about this. I am just a friendly person looking for an org (and everything else I've written in this application) and I would hate for this to be the sole reason for issues/denial. (I also just read your thread about scammers, leechers and farming for real life cash...certainly not me.)

I guess that's really it. All I really want is to be in a friendly org. It's boring playing with noone to chat with.
Boomer
The Boom

Re: Application for AP - Thorofanarchy - Thorsenfy - Thor

Post by Boomer »

Hi Thor,

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.

When you have a minute please read and confirm here that you agree our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members hanging out at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !invite This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online
Thorofanarchy
Baby Leet

Post by Thorofanarchy »

Thanks for your response. Yes I have read and am agreeing to those guidelines. I will try to get in contact when I get online tomorrow.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Thor :)

Welcome on our forums and thanks for already replying and reading our Code of Conduct.

It's good to have an old player coming back and looking for a new home and family in AP. (I repeat myself on this forums but this situation is really very frequent now, more than ever. :))

Hope we can meet you online soon! (I'm on a forced break for the first time in 18 years due to RL issues but many officers can handle your application, like Boomer just started to. :))