Application - Chumm

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
chumm
Baby Leet

Application - Chumm

Post by chumm »

Hi AP! My name is Chumm, all my characters are some variant on that name.

I'm totally new to AO, having never played before 2018. I remember seeing coverage of the game back when it was going to come out, but got pretty sucked into Star Wars Galaxies as my first MMO, then followed RL friends into FFXI. A couple months ago I was watching videos on old MMOs and wondered if someone had ever emulated the (surely long-dead) Anarchy Online, and was quite surprised to find it was still running! I decided to give it a shot and have been playing for a few weeks now and enjoying things quite a bit.

I've encountered some AP players in the world who have all been helpful and courteous with buffs and dungeon help. More than anything, I'm interested in joining an org just to learn more about the game, which as you can imagine is pretty daunting to take in for a new player. I'm froob at the moment because subbing and adding a bunch more information just sounds overwhelming, but I can afford to and will sub when the time is right.

Besides having good experiences with AP, I've read through your code of conduct and chat recommendations and I very much appreciate your points of view, particularly point #4 of the chat recs. The biggest turn-off for me in playing games online are toxic communities, I definitely prefer a mature group that is invested in making everyone's time in the game more fun, and look forward to being able to do so for others.

I had assumed that your org was all high-level old accounts based on the folks hanging around Old Athen, but I chatted with a member I met in a dungeon who said that you accepted players of all experience levels, so I'll leave it to you whether I'm a good fit.

I'm currently leveling 2 characters on 2 accounts, though I have several that I started while trying out various professions.
Martialchumm - 90 Martial Arist (main account that will get subbed)
Chummfixer - 91 Fixer
All of my characters are neutral at the moment for ease of travel, but I plan on going Clan with all of them.

I'm in the Chicago area, GMT-6, and while I don't have a ton of time to play it'll usually be somewhere between 6pm-4am my time.

Thanks for reading :D
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Application - Chumm

Post by stokken »

Hey Chumm

Welcome to the AP forums and thanks for your interest in AP.
Thank you for reading and agree with the coc and rules

The next step is to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members hanging out at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !invite This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

We look forward to seeing you online