Application - Aelia

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Aelia
Baby Leet

Application - Aelia

Post by Aelia »

Hello Paladins!

My name is Aelia (AKA Veronica) and I would like to join ‘Athen Paladins.’

I gave away my stuff and deleted all my toons when I quit years ago, so I only have one character now:
Aelia Solitus Melee Adventurer 5/0/0 Clan :biggrin:
(I returned just a few days ago and re-rolled 6 times before finally getting it right!)

I played AO along with my husband around 2002/2003. We had a few brief re-visits since but have not yet experienced the game beyond mid-levels in Shadowlands (I was level capped on my main before the expansion and most players in our org rolled alts when the expansion dropped).

A Doctor (named Aenuu) was my first and main character. I am comfortable and capable in all team/raid roles (Tanking, Healing, Crowd Control, DPS). I have 13 years of leading a large variety of guilds, including a PVE org on RK1 named 'Divine Prophecy'. Our leadership style of Divine Prophecy was democratic/'family.' Our org was small, most of us had a handful of high-level alts but we never gained more than ~30 players.

Divine Prophecy was one of best 'guild' experiences I have had in any MMO bar none. In hindsight, I wish that we had never left AO. It would have been interesting to see where we would have been at today. Most of our leaders/officers left for WOW and/or FFXI back then and followed separate paths but some of us stayed in touch for years because of the RL friendships we formed from the experience.

Note: A few of us returned sometime after Shadowlands, I don't recall when exactly, and decided to re-roll Omni and re-create Divine Prophecy just for giggles, so that is why our org name might only show up as a few omni players if you search the web for us now.

After reading through a few of your recruitment and policy posts, I find that much of your org's guidelines and standards ring true to the type of leadership style I like to foster in my own guilds. I think we may be a great match for one another and my future may be brighter with you than building a new org.

My time zone is PST (-8 GMT). I am typically online before 9AM until at least 10PM, with a few short breaks for RL.

I fully agree with your guidelines/code of conduct.

Since I’m only level 5 at the moment and it’s more convenient to type here instead of trying to hold a conversation in-game, I’ll share a little more about myself to give you a better idea of who I am.

I am:
  • very focused and well researched
  • approachable
  • patient
  • my characters are typically min/maxed
  • always willing to help
  • I am available 7 days a week (typically)
I have long missed the MMO communities of old, the friendships we formed were so authentic and supportive. We were very team oriented and we all wanted to be involved in building and maintaining our guild like a true organization or company, but without the "red tape."

My hubby is a 'filthy casual' because of work/RL and I'm hardcore in the sense that I am available in-game for obscene amounts of time.

My short-term goal in AO is to reacquaint myself with the game and play for a few months before getting involved in leadership/officer-ship duties or take on some game related projects.

What I enjoy most in game is contributing to a good guild, participating in every aspect of the game, and helping others wherever/however I can.

I have alpha/beta tested games for years and have volunteered as a helper/adviser, assistant GM in the past. In recent years, I spent even more time fostering and moderating gaming communities on forums and Discord, and have worked with both the players and the game team via their community managers, in addition to creating content and guides that have helped both the players and the game team.

I am a creative, I went to college for multimedia/web design. Though I only build websites as a hobby, I am still learning programming languages and I love writing guides and creating maps and tools for the games that I play. Returning to Anarchy Online, I look forward to taking on a project or two such as running a bot, creating a custom UI, writing new guides or something fun like that!

AO has been around for many years so I'm not so sure that I can offer the community anything new or innovative, but I do feel that I have a lot to offer a good guild, a big guild. And ‘Athen Paladins’ seems the most promising to me, plus I prefer Clan over Omni (though I would probably go Neutral if all 3 'factions' were equal as far as game mechanics/design and gear are concerned).

Thanks for your consideration,

Aelia
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Aelia

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Aelia and welcome back on Rubi-Ka :) Welcome on our forums too.

Thank you for your very complete application and all the information about yourself and your husband. (I assume he wants to join too at some point?)

With everything you said, it looks like you'll be at home in AP.

Thanks also for agreeing on our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.

On a side note, once you are well settled in AO again, we could certainly use your competences and energy.

Talking with us in-game to complete your application won't be difficult even if you are still in Arete start zone. I'm going to explain how.

So, for your next step : join our guest channel on our org bot so we can easily see you and you can see us. :) Note that yny AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer but of course you can meet us only when you're out of Arete.

So you can invite yourself to our guest channel by typing /tell Bobsan !join (or !invite if join doesn't respond).

You can also contact one of our officers (list below) to get a guest channel invite.

This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application and officers to handle it.

(Considering you are in a not-that-much populated time zone on RK, your possibly available officers should be
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5)

An officer will then contact you for a brief interview (especially brief as you told us a lot already). As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Once you are out of Arete, you can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp next to Old Athen grid terminal which is our org spot. If you can’t find a member you can, as already explained, self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join (or !invite if join doesn't respond)

Some names of officers you can contact:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT (Me, currently dealing with RL issues so not necessarily online)
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon on Rubi-Ka! :)
Aelia
Baby Leet

Post by Aelia »

Chrisax wrote:Hello Aelia and welcome back on Rubi-Ka :) Welcome on our forums too.

Thank you for your very complete application and all the information about yourself and your husband. (I assume he wants to join too at some point?)

With everything you said, it looks like you'll be at home in AP.

Thanks also for agreeing on our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.

On a side note, once you are well settled in AO again, we could certainly use your competences and energy.

Talking with us in-game to complete your application won't be difficult even if you are still in Arete start zone. I'm going to explain how.

So, for your next step : join our guest channel on our org bot so we can easily see you and you can see us. :) Note that yny AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer but of course you can meet us only when you're out of Arete.

So you can invite yourself to our guest channel by typing /tell Bobsan !join (or !invite if join doesn't respond).

You can also contact one of our officers (list below) to get a guest channel invite.

This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application and officers to handle it.

(Considering you are in a not-that-much populated time zone on RK, your possibly available officers should be
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5)

An officer will then contact you for a brief interview (especially brief as you told us a lot already). As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Once you are out of Arete, you can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp next to Old Athen grid terminal which is our org spot. If you can’t find a member you can, as already explained, self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join (or !invite if join doesn't respond)

Some names of officers you can contact:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT (Me, currently dealing with RL issues so not necessarily online)
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon on Rubi-Ka! :)

Yes, I've since confirmed that he wants to submit an application soon as well.

Bonniedoom contacted me in game, invited me to the channel and interviewed me, all in short order.

Thank you,

See you in game!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Everything is in the pipe for you. Bonnie immediately forwarded your interview to the officers last night (GMT).

You can expect our answer very soon. :)
Frezzer
Mini Leet

Post by Frezzer »

Awesome application! =D>

See you on Rubi-Ka!