Application for Roshadow

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Roshadow
Baby Leet

Application for Roshadow

Post by Roshadow »

Hello Athen Paladins! I have joined AO for about a month now, and while I might be late to the party, I've still enjoyed this game immensely and really love it so far! My main is currently a level 100 Martial Artist and I'm about to explore the Reck! Really looking forward to the higher level content as I raise my level higher! I also have a 25 agent and a level 60 totw build in progress Atrox Agent!

I wanted to join an org where I can help players old and new, to see whatever helped they needed and to give back to those that helped me! AO has such a fantastic community that is willing to help those that are new! I'll admit the economy isn't easy to adjust to in this game, but I'm still enjoying the adventure so far despite it! Love the skill and perking system especially! I just don't see too many MMOs with it. And the freedom to have several different playstyles in the early game make it even more exciting!

After all this time, I also wanted to join a faction (Maybe not the right term to say in AO, since shadowlands has factions too?) Clan just felt right with me, and I liked how Old Athens is too! One of my favorite cities to see so far!

I really look forward to joining you guys!
Chrisax
President

Re: Application for Roshadow

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Roshadow and welcome on AP forums but alos welcome in AO! It's great to see a totally new player. :)

And it seems you already understood what makes AO great, with the almost infinite setups and the many play styles. AO is a game where you learn new things every day, even after ten years playing it. Believe me I've been that since the beginning, 18ish years, and I still discover a new detail every week.

And, also, yes, the economy is very hard and hectic. Sometimes, for a really new player, doing the old RK missions and looting everything and selling it to the Miir store in Newland is a good solution to get a regular income, not great but at least regular. Later you'll learn to farm dynacamps (camps where bosses respawn every 20ish minutes) on RK for rare nanos. But anyhow, you can ask our members on the best ways to get credits. The strategy, though, is to level a good moneymaking character so you can feed your whole dynasty. At some point, haveing too many small character will be financially hard.

And, yes, finally, the AO Community is fantastic.

Oh, and by the way, what is your time zone for playing? :)

Now about your application. :)

As a next step, just take a minute and read our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines; and tell us if you agree on them. Then, the next step will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members hanging out at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !invite This is a temporary invite (you'll have to redo it next time you want to join the guest channel). When on guest channel please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application, and if an officer is available.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview.

As some of our officers are still on vacation or having a vacation they couldn't have during the last two months, and the online ones can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

And, so, please if you experience any problem to contact us in-game, don't wait and post here to tell us, and we'll do the impossible to catch you in AO.
:)

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT (Me, but currently and for the first time in 18 years, real life forces me to be away for a moment)
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / AnothaoneGMT -5
Bonniedoom/Betadoom/Amagosa GMT -5 but online much more
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra / Corvettezr1 (General) GMT -6
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you on RK! :)
Roshadow
Baby Leet

Post by Roshadow »

I agree with the guidelines you've provided. And my timezone is US Central.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks :) Officers are aware of your application. So just meet them now.