Turquine's application

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Turquine
Baby Leet

Turquine's application

Post by Turquine »

G'day, my name is Turquine and I would like to join Athen Paladins. I have been playing AO since 2006 with a lot of long breaks in between.

Currently a member of 'Storm' which is more or less dormant now, especially with RK2019 running. I'm looking for good home for my Keeper and hopefully some new friends to do end game content with (RK5) even if I will be asleep/working during most raid times.

My time zone is GMT +10 AEDT, I'm an Aussie who joined 'Storm' during the lonely days of the Timezone of the Damned.

I fully agree to your COC.

My characters include:

Turquine Keeper 217/23 Clan (Main)
Sulaco Adventurer 100/08 Clan
Decode Fixer 96 Neutral
Mulitple level 60s because I can never decide on what to play.
Deathleh Soldier 220/26 Omni (Inactive account)
Deathleh Adventurer 214/21 Omni (Inactive account)
Wishfordeath Enforcer 162/13 Omni (Inactive account)
Hydralisk Agent 219/20 Omni (Lost account)

I started playing again in the past few weeks as Omni on RK2019 but I have been getting bored of it at times. Therefore, this application is with the original server in mind.

At the moment it's hard to see a future where I am grinding out the levels alone and end up logging in just to do dailies. This approach was required to level up even in 2011. Basically just missing some old fashioned human interaction, some other people to team up with ocassionally would be swell.

I'm not terribly ambitious, greedy or elitist despite having been in fairly prestigious Organisations over the years including Inner Circle (Omni RK2). I have only ever played one account at a time which has avoided any conflicts of interest. I don't particularly enjoy dual logging, even with froob characters.

I'm usually fairly low key until I get to know people, unless conversation is interesting of course. I like to have a bit of a joke around and don't take things too seriously unless necessary, then I'll be on my best behavior.

Thanks for considering my application

Turquine
Chrisax
President

Re: Turquine's application

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Turquine and welcome on our forums. :) Good to see another old player like you.

Indeed, your time zone is not extremely populated in AO but we have people who are close to to, like our officers Cherib and Ustarlen (see the list below). We hope to develop a bit later this year more activity for GMT+"2 digits" people. That won't be easy though in the current state of the population and with RK2019 :)

Regarding the fact you also played Omni, it's a positive thing that you played only one account at a time. Our officers will explain to you that, for members with Omni alts, we require a total non-involvement in PvP (Battlestations don't count) on the Omni side.

And, yes, I remember Inner Circle well. They were THE big PvP Omni org mostly in the pre-SL years. I lead several battles against them. :twisted:

That said, thank your for reading and agreeing on our Code of Conduct and Org chat recommendations; now you only have one more step in your application.

Your next step is simple: join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp next to OA grid which is our org spot. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join (or !invite if join doesn't respond)
This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application and officers to handle it.

At some point soon, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Ustarlen / Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT (Me, currently dealing with RL issues so not necessarily online)
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above you can have a look at:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon on RK5! :)
Turquine
Baby Leet

Re: Turquine's application

Post by Turquine »

Hi Chrisax, I do actually remember your name from tower battles from all those years ago. Being a soldier I did call targets on occasion so you learnt who was a priority target :twisted: .

I never thought I would be applying to a RK2 Organisation on a RK1 character but fate is a whimsical thing. The years have rolled by without me and I haven't been at a Tower War for over a decade and my poor soldier is a dusty relic of the past.

Cheers, will see you guys in your channel I guess!