Application - Catpsion

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Catpsion
Baby Leet

Application - Catpsion

Post by Catpsion »

Hello there.

I am playing AO on and off since beta.
I have been in the same org fir the last 15 years at least. Nocturnal Fear has been my home for as long as I can remember. I was one of the first recruit and i never ever thought of leaving the family.

Unfortunatly, when I came back from my last break, I found a dead Org. Well...we all know the state of the AO population these days...

Why did I came back after a 5 years break or so?
I dont have a lot of time to spend into gaming, being in my late fortys, but AO is...AO. Nothing really compare to it. I love the universe, I Love the community, I love the Mechanic and especially the statistic over level.
I love spending hours twinking and doing stuff such as getting a +10 ring on a LVL 60. I love helping people, ultimately that's probably one of the most rewarding thing.

I have a couple of 220s (catpsionne2 mychistirical NT main,.Catcrat, Catfix, Catlovechild,.Catdoc...And some more on my second paid account i havent yet decided to unfroze).
I also have a little army of froob account, because I love RK a lot and playing at low level. Got the usual subway, temple or foreman twinks, the buff machines, the hnq/gsf/fgrid dispenser, the powerleveling crew, the weird projects...

One thing you have To know before considering my application: I positively and definitly suckat PvP!
This has never been my thing...And as I getting older andcslower...it's not going to change. That doesnt mean i'm not gonna show up at tower wars ( if those still exist), but you have been warned about my pvp skills!

Since I came back, 10 days ago, I havent been into High level activity at all. I dont know if I Will or not. As I dont know how long I'll stay around.
One sure is clear, I really miss being part of a community.
That's why i'm posting that application today.

I would gladly join your rank with most of my toons if you want me despite my flaws. I wont ever leave Nocturnal Fear with my NT tho, because...Well...I cant do that, even if i sincerely doubt my beloved org Will ever come back To life.

Across the years, I met quite a few of your membres (dont ask me name!) and i know you're definitly some good fellows. I'm very glad you're still active, and I sincerely hope you Will consider my application.

Regards,

Cat.

/catpsionne2
/catcrat
/catdoc2

Ps: too many alts to list, but i'm regulary on those 3.

Ps2: i'm not an english native speaker

PS 3: I'm on GMT +1 / +2 depending on winter/summer time (CET). I'm usually playing after work for a couple of hours, and when i can on week end.

PS 4: All of my toons are and always have been Clans!

PS5: I fully agree to you COC
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Catpsion

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Catpsion, welcome back in AO, and welcome on our forums :)

Thanks for posting such a complete application. We are really touched by your story with your former org and we understand how hard it has been for you to find it dead when you last came back, after spending your whole AO-life in it.

AP wants to be a family and that's why we understand your feelings so well. This also means that we should be the right place for you to find a new home. :) Indeed, we are happy to offer a new family to many returning players like you.

Based on what you explained in your application, you seem llke a perfect fit for AP; the fact you're playing casually is not an issue as we welcome all styles of playing. Also, it's OK if you are not good at PvP as we don't force anyone to PvP and are more focused on PvM (in some situations, we may have to ask everyone available to come and be present for defense though, just to show numbers).

Back to your application process, thanks for reading and agreeing on our code of conduct and org chat recommendations.

Now, your next step will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Ustarlen (RK5 & RK6)/ Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon on Rubi-Ka :)