Old player, long time gone, looking for an active UK/EU org

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Steampowered
Baby Leet

Old player, long time gone, looking for an active UK/EU org

Post by Steampowered »

Hello,

I'm returning to AO after a hiatus of several years. I last played AO some time around 2016 and recently got the urge to return and try my hand at it again.

I initially started a character on RK2019 because it seemed like a good idea, but it's very empty in the lower levels and, well, I don't play an MMO to play alone.

I logged into my main account to find, to my astonishment, a level 181 MA. I have no idea when I got it that high, but I'm currently logged in, in a pirate outfit, not having a clue where I am or what I should be doing. Go me!

I have some other characters on there too, which I am now investigating as I post this:
  • 181 MA: Steampowered (Clan)
    130 Doc: Solidocz (Neut)
    61 Fixer: Solifixz (Neut)
    47 Keeper: Solikeepz (Neut)
    34 NT: Hazelz (Neut)
And then there are lots of much lower levels too. None of the characters are in any orgs.

I had a quick peruse of the AO forums to look for an active Org in my timezone and AP seemed to fit the bill most nicely, particularly when I read about helping returning players with getting up to speed with the game.

I will have varying and odd play times due to my commitments (I have a horse to look after!) but I would expect to be on sometimes during the day (10am to 4pm UK time) and sometimes later evening (8pm to 11pm UK time).

I remember very little about the game aside from the basic combat of my MA, so I currently have no clue about where I am or where I should be going. This should be fun!

I speak English (my native language) but, unfortunately, no other languages.

Hopefully speak to you soon.
Chrisax
President

Re: Old player, long time gone, looking for an active UK/EU org

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Steampowered and welcome back on Rubi-Ka! :) Welcome back on RK5 too. RK20119 could have been a good idea but, with all due respect to FC, the way it was designed couldn't lead to success.

As I wrote in my answer to another application weeks ago, we put some efforts on RK2019 but we hardly found it interesting after the first weeks of nostalgia. Also, it's hard to invest in something when you don't know what will happen of it in the end. What FC did with the "Saga" server in Age of Conan made more sense.

So, back to you now, we are always happy to see old players coming back and thinking of AP as their new home and family.

You can re-learn the game with us. Starting a new character just for relearning purposes can be a good idea. You can always "park" it later and resume plating your MA.

Also, your time zone and play times are perfect in AO, and for raids (when: your MA can already enter "APFs" although he won't be able to do much, and your Doc and mA can enter Inner Sanctum) you're high enough for raid.)

About your characters, it seems you have only one Clanner on your list. The game mechanics only allows a Clan org like AP to invite Clan characters. So your MA (and possibly other Clanners you have, unlisted) are the only ones who can be invited.

BUT you can turn your other characters to Clans easily as they are still at low levels. The Clan Application Form is available in stores (we can show you), and using it will make your character Clan.

Back to your application itself, when you have a minute please read our Code of Conduct and Org chat guidelines and and confirm that you agree on them by posting here.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
Your next step, then, will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.
You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Namisan / Merques / Namizo / Vampyren GMT + 1
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Ustarlen (RK5 & RK6)/ Bellorum / Zanda (General) GMT+12
Boomer / Bloodstripe / Iwojima / Shelbycobra (General Human Resources) GMT -6
Gsxdsm / Oweo / Dbldeez / Evopwned / Skurappy / Anothaone GMT -5
Jetson / Noobasdoc / Noobastank (General) GMT +10
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon in AO! :)
Steampowered
Baby Leet

Post by Steampowered »

Hi Chrisax,

I've read both of those links and they are very sensible, so I have no problem in agreeing to those.

I'm happy to switch my characters over to clan in order to have them join too, once I've passed the recruitment phase.

I'll look online for some folks to talk to.

Hope to be joining you soon. :D
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks Steampowered :) All fine. :)

You could easily get in touch with us before raid time today, for example, around 19:45GMT (7:45PM) but that's only a possibility among many others.
Steampowered
Baby Leet

Post by Steampowered »

Did I say 181?

182 :cool:

Mind you, I died several times trying to figure out how to play again. :mrgreen:

I'll likely be on after your raid has started, so I'll hop into the chat but expect a delay since you'll all be busy.

It'll be nice to get some advice on my gear and nanos since I'm sure I'm doing most things wrong!