Application - Fryerstarter

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Fryerstarter
Baby Leet

Application - Fryerstarter

Post by Fryerstarter »

Hello! I'm Fryerstarter and have been playing AO on and off since 2004 or so. I'm returning after a (very) long period of inactivity, and am excited for the opportunity to apply for Athen Paladins!

I'm returning to AO primarily because the community was what originally introduced me to online gaming and MMO's in general. The unique culture this game developed proved impossible to find elsewhere, and finally tempted me back!

I'm based in EST, and normally play during afternoon-evening hours. I've also read and fully agree with the code of conduct.

I've lost access to my original account over the years, and am mostly starting over, so only have a few characters so far.

Fryerstarter 29 Martial Artist Clan
Inefficient Bureaucrat 66 Clan
Doctorfryer Doctor 65 Clan
Ulfrik Fixer 52 Clan

Theres a few more as well, but all very low level. Thanks so much for the opportunity!
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Fryerstarter

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Fryerstarter, welcome to AP forums, and welcome back in AO.

I'm going to say it again, as I did many times over the last year: it's good to see so many old-timers coming back! :)

Inded, AO is unique, community, culture, atmosphere, relations between players. There is nothing similar around. It's good you feel this way, because we totally do too!

By the way, if you are able to provide enough details to FC about your old account, they will give it back to you: it can be anything, name, address, credit card used, email et that time,...

Now, back to your application, first, please read and confirm here that you agree on our Code of Conduct and org chat guidelines.

Our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations can be found here:
Second thing: join our bot as a guest to meet/team online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members hanging out at the Vanguards ramp next to the OA grid. If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !invite This is a temporary invite, so please introduce yourself and ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a few days to contact you.

Some of the officers you can reach out to for help with queries or concerns are:

Namisan / Vampyren / Vandrar
Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon in AO! :)
Fryerstarter
Baby Leet

Re: Application - Fryerstarter

Post by Fryerstarter »

Hey Chrisax, thanks for your response! I've tried a few times over the years to reclaim the account, but just haven't found the right combination of information to do the trick. I've honestly enjoyed starting over though!

I've read both your org chat rules, as well as your Code of Conduct, and agree to both completely. I've also been in chat a fair bit over the last few days, and will try to make a point to be more active when possible.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!