Application: Theprocessor

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
mfcrocker
Baby Leet

Application: Theprocessor

Post by mfcrocker »

Hi there! My name is mfcrocker and I've been playing on and off since launch. I've finally decided to see what the clan side of life is like after being omni forever and am looking for a nice group of people to join to make the game less lonely :)

My time zone is GMT (currently GMT+1) and I'm usually online in the evenings, though can often be seen around outside those times.

I agree fully with the Coc!

Characters (all Omni bar Theprocessor, all in WY, have additional characters on froob account that are basically inactive):
Theprocessor Crat 36/3 Clan
Mochwitch MP 219/25
Orialia Shade 153/14
Abbara Trader 107/8
Randit Engi 73/3
Balarius Fixer 69/3
Gornemant Keeper 37/4
Meatyboi Engi 156/0
Gibsonhacker Fixer 75/0

Feel free to ping me in-game if you've any questions or just fancy a chat - I'm mostly playing TP, Moch and Gibson at the moment :)
Chrisax
President

Re: Application: Theprocessor

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Mfcrocker / Theprocessor :) Welcome on our forums.

We would say welcome to a light side too, where life is nice. And your time zone is especially good for the majority of raids and activities.

That being said, there are 2 essential things about your application:

1) You must be as sure as possible that you're going to keep on playing Clan (I didn't say uniquely Clan), and not just go back to Omni after a while

2) In absolutely NO way should you be involved in PvP against Clans (towers, Tarasque, open area PvP,... Battklestations are of course not an issue) and this involves even helping in any manner.

And this is a bit of an issue as your characters are in Weyland Yutani which is an org with a clear PvP presence. So we'll have to talk about this.

Now, back to your application, thanks for agreeing on our Code of Conduct, and this means your next step will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Nanomace, Macer36, Macenforce & Agentmace GMT+2
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster GMT
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

For time zones referred to above please see:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/clocks/Clo ... _main.html

See you soon in AO :)
mfcrocker
Baby Leet

Post by mfcrocker »

Hey! Thanks for the response :D

With regards to the questions:

1) It's very unlikely that I go back perma-Omni now; I was only previously Omni-only out of laziness and not wanting to learn a whole new part of Rubi-Ka :biggrin:

I'll definitely be considering Clan (and possibly the odd Neut!) for future toons, especially if I've got a nice bunch of people to be there with :)

2) I don't think I've ever been involved in towers or open PvP - PvP in general doesn't interest me. The only time I ever go to Tara is to tag it for the quest and have been involved in raids maybe twice in my entire time on AO. I'd appreciate it if I can still defend myself on my Omni toons trying to get the tag, but happy to abstain from joining full Tara raids for PvP.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks already for those clear points. :)

Meet us online. :)