Application MiniMechanic

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
MiniMechanic
Baby Leet

Application MiniMechanic

Post by MiniMechanic »

Hi my name is Mini. This character I am MiniMechanic and I am an engineer. I am a returning sub member with basically a new sub account but I'm funding it with my froob account with what I have.

In real life I just started my first job in my career field of study which is massage therapy. I am 34 but have been playing the game since just about a month before SL came out in the early 2000's. I don't have any of my old accounts because it's been a long life and I don't commit to a game for years I'll commit for a month or four while mixing in some other games then I'll take a break for a bit and come back to binge again. It's nostalgic. And I met some really great people here in my teenage years. It hurts my heart to see so many scam bots spamming up the place.

I am looking to join Athena's Paladins because I want an active org I can return to time and time again even when I am gone again and return again. Because the game just isn't so great alone. Back when there were thousands of people playing a day it was easy to meet new people. Now I'm hoping to meet some chill and quality people to pass some time with.

So far I have Minimech86: Engineer only level 8 right now - Clan
On my froob account I have a level 48 MP Clan I believe named Mini Destruction. that I am getting my funding off of so I don't need to mooch from the org.

I will be making an omni eventually but I'm taking it bit by bit.
I grew up always playing omni because I liked the idea of Rome and the corporate power. Now I play clans but I don't know anything about how to do clans in ANY expansion. I turned Clan for a friend and now I'm always that way unless an old friend specifically asks me for an omni one we can do together. Which is why I know I will make at least one on my paid account just for them.

I'm hoping to make friends enough to get to know people on a bit of a personal level eventually. and I do say eventually as a lot of people take some time to warming up and that is just natural.

I appreciate you reading this.

Sincerely, Mini
Last edited by MiniMechanic on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MiniMechanic
Baby Leet

Re: Application MiniMechanic

Post by MiniMechanic »

I also fully agree with the code of conduct I apologize for not stating that before.
Chrisax
President

Re: Application MiniMechanic

Post by Chrisax »

HI MiniMechanic and welcome on our forums :-) Welcome on Rubu-Ka too?

Thanks for this long application explaining your motivation and goals. We are usually consider a good place for friendly people and playing in a good family-like atmosphere.

So you should feel well among us. We help each other, as long as someone isn't lazy. Si it's great that you want to be independent, but it's OK to get help. Your kevel 48 froob won't be able to fund you growing paid character for long.

One thing we'd rather mention right now; were you to develop some Omni alt at some point, you have to know that you can't be in AP in this alt is involved, directly or indirectly, in any PvP activity against Clans. (Battle stations don't count of course.)

Now, back to your application, thanks for agreeing on our Code of Conduct, and this means your next step will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Nanomace, Macer36, Macenforce & Agentmace GMT+2
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster GMT
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2