Application - Swooty

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Swooty
Baby Leet

Application - Swooty

Post by Swooty »

Hi all, my name is Swooty and I would like to join Athen Paladins. I have been playing AO since 2002 with a few long, long breaks in between.

I recently returned from a 6 year break from the game with the intent of experiencing parts of the game I never got to really enjoy back in the day. I don't only mean endgame-high level raid content, though this does interest me. I also wish to try out different professions I never played previously, and explore parts of the map/lore/game that I neglected while "hugging 2Mtn hecks" lol. I have no experience with PvP and this would be something I'd be willing to learn, at any TL.

I have previously played Omni characters for most of my time in the game, but enjoyed clan life prior to the great server merges. I am looking for an active, family oriented atmosphere that enjoys regularly doing all types of content.

I used to read through AP forums for all of the most up to date and detailed information about AO, it's always been one of my most favorite resources.

I am content to solo, but some of my best memories in AO involve duos, trios, and the full team experience. I have come back to the game to get a taste of that again.

I will gladly go out of my way to chaperone someone's alt through SL zones, or run across the map to lend someone a much needed twinking buff.

Why clan?
Well, we all wake up from the corporate disillusionment at some point right? :P Seriously though, I am looking to experience a good half of the game, and the friendly population, I neglected for almost two decades.

My time zone is US EST or -5 UTC I am usually online in the evenings throughout the week.

I fully agree to your COC, and will put my name on a dotted line!
Swooty | Fixer | 30/0/0 Clan (My new main)
Jaalix | Doctor | 217/21 Omni (My old main)
Vanderwhal | Trader | 201 Omni (Wranglebot/tradeskills)
Alphix | Agent | 150 Omni (S7 Twink)
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Swooty

Post by Chrisax »

Welcome back in AO, Swooty.

That's a really nice project and agenda you have here. :) Not just grinding to get levels but enrich your experience with discovery and exploring the lore as well as new professions. We appreciate that. :)

Just a little note about your Omni characters (that could all be moved to Clans, some for free, your Doc for FC points, if you wished so but it's totally not mandatory): they must not be, directly or indirectly, in any manner, involved in PvP against Clans (Battlestations are not a problem). Any infringement to this principle will end up in an org kick.

That said, as you agreed on our Code of Conduct and org chat recommendations, the next step for you will be to join our guest channel on our org bot so we can meet online. Any AP member can invite you to guest chat. It does not have to be an officer.

You can usually find AP members at the big Vanguards building ramp near OA grid terminal.
If you can’t find a member you can self invite by typing /tell Bobsan !join
This is a temporary invite, so you'll have to do it each time you want to be on guest chat.

Once on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, after you've spent some time with us, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there.

Some of the officers you can contact for help with questions or concerns are:

Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Nanomace / Macer36 / Macenforce / Agentmace GMT+2
Namisan / Vandraren / Nosophobia / Drnotorious GMT+2
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

Let's meet together soon on Rubi-Ka! :)